• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Hello from NAMM - Day 1

Share/Bookmark

Hello from NAMM - Day 1

Greetings from NAMM!

We just finished our first day of the NAMM show. We have a larger booth this year and things are going very well here. We were wondering how the show would be after hearing that the CES show was down substantially this year, but it seemed to be a very busy first day - comparable to other years.

This year we are hosting Microsoft at our booth giving demos of Songsmith. People are very impressed with this interesting new music creation tool. Dan Morris and Sumit from Microsoft Research are giving demos. Tom Hopkins and his wife Amy, Jeff, Jim Ortner (Haydn), David and Eric are also at the booth helping out this year.

The Steinway Basic is being demonstrated at the show. Galileo was kind enough to lend us their Concerto digital piano to use as a keyboard controller for the Steinway. This is a beautiful mahogany and Briarwood mini grand with Italian wood inlays. And the virtual Steinway sounds terrific and people are impressed. Different artists have been playing the virtual Steinway throughout the day. Our first meeting today was with Steinway and Sons and it was good to discuss our upcoming projects.

We are showing the new GPO ARIA. I am very pleased with how it plays and sounds. The addition of SAM Brass and other sounds with the efficient ARIA engine make this a compelling upgrade.

And we're showing ARIA running on a little netbook computers. These little computers are very popular and are the fastest growing segment in computers. Although these dimunative computers cannot replace a full DAW, they can be a perfect complement to do some music work on the go. I'll post some info about it in a separate post.

We also showing a new world instruments library and announcing GOS2 at NAMM. More on that later.

Today we had meetings with Steinway, Berklee College, Steinberg Who announced Garritan support for VST Expression), Hal Leonard, SONY, New Blue, several appointments with the music press, a few distributors and other companies (which I'll tell you about in due course). I feel all talked out and its only day one.

I haven't had a chance to check out many of the new things at the show, but hopefully will get a chance to see some more. I'll post some more information and pictures when I return.

Seeing many of our members from the forum at NAMM was a real treat and I wish to thank those who took the time to visit us. We missed Snor and Jeannot this year and will have to ask them to join us next year.

I would like to invite anyone that is attending NAMM to come by and visit our team.

All the best,

Gary Garritan

Re: Hello from NAMM - Day 1

Gary -

Sure, make us all feel bad . . . everybody else is getting to see and hear the stuff we've been waiting forever for!

You didn't even mention the International flavor of the event . . . they supplied you with a Swedish secretary to write your email:
    David and Eric are also at the booth hjelping out this year.
    [Maybe that's who Akai hired to write their EWI-USB manual. ]

I'm glad to know it's going (i.e., active), and that there are meetings going on that can help spread GPO, et al.

Enjoy. We'll keep an eye open for your further updates to the updates updating the dates.

Joe

Thanks for the sharing the NAMM experience with us! I look forward to the updates and pictures!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Quote Originally Posted by efiebke View Post
    Thanks for the sharing the NAMM experience with us! I look forward to the updates and pictures!

Ted
    +1
    waiting impatiently....

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    And we're showing ARIA running on a little netbook computers. These little computers are very popular and are the fastest growing segment in computers. Although these dimunative computers cannot replace a full DAW, they can be a perfect complement to do some music work on the go. I'll post some info about it in a separate post.
    What brand and model is that netbook?
    Thanks,
    Serge

Exciting stuff, Gary! Thanks for the field report, wish I could be there. This was the most encouraging thing in your post, "...We have a larger booth this year and things are going very well here. We were wondering how the show would be after hearing that the CES show was down substantially this year, but it seemed to be a very busy first day - comparable to other years..."

That's great news. With reports of other conventions having their attendance drop way off, what you've reported sounds good for business---I'm relieved to hear it!

Looking forward to the other new posts you have up, and more from the music front as NAMM continues.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Greetings from NAMM!

We are showing the new GPO ARIA.

We also showing a new world instruments library and announcing GOS2 at NAMM. More on that later.

Gary Garritan
    Way cool.

Are there (or will there be) any online videos of the NAMM GPO product demos?

Links anyone?

NDEE

Quote Originally Posted by sergiobklyn View Post
    What brand and model is that netbook?
    Thanks,
    Serge
    I'd like to know too (& specs please?)
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

thanks for the day report (and i didnt know about GOS2 and world instruments either so that is exciting!)

One day i will have to cross the pond to get to the show. I have family in california, so i have a good excuse!

The Steinway Basic is being demonstrated at the show. Galileo was kind enough to lend us their Concerto digital piano to use as a keyboard controller for the Steinway. This is a beautiful mahogany and Briarwood mini grand with Italian wood inlays. And the virtual Steinway sounds terrific and people are impressed. Different artists have been playing the virtual Steinway throughout the day. Our first meeting today was with Steinway and Sons and it was good to discuss our upcoming projects.
    NAMM that's good!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum