• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Mass in Eb "Sanctus"

Share/Bookmark

Mass in Eb "Sanctus"

Mass in Eb "Sanctus"

Written for the death of a friends infant son.

The Sanctus is written to be performed acapella.

This sampling is driectly off Finale 2009 using the Garritan Choir VST.

http://www.box.net/shared/r87gjas3pv

Re: Mass in Eb "Sanctus"

Hi Tom, I enjoyed the reverberations in the beautiful chordal movement. I would love to hear this performed. The world is waiting for some effective samples that you don't have to take out a loan to purchase.
    What you have written surely must have assuaged the grief of the family and loved ones. Thanks for sharing. John

Can you set up your music file as an mp3 that "streams" instead of our having to download it? It's a big file because it's in the wav format!

Thanks,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hello, Tom

What an incredibly tragic and sobering impetus for composing music. I was moved by your Sanctus, despite the shortcomings of the demo. Was it sung at the funeral?

--note, even though this is a .wav file and had to be downloaded, I timed it as taking less than 2 seconds before it started playing. I don't feel this is a problem.

Thank you very much, Tom.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    This sampling is driectly off Finale 2009 using the Garritan Choir VST.
    What?! What's the Garritan Choir VST ?!?!

(Sorry, a bit off-topic, I know.)
    Steve A. Gallant

www.SteveGallant.com

Thank you, gentlemen for the comments. All are highly appreciated.

Larry, I exported the file in wav form simply because I could not find a way to export it as an MP3 file from Finale. If anyone knows of a way to do that I would be highly appreciative.

BermudaFlyer, when I loaded the Garritan sounds that came with Finale 2009, there was one that said, "Choirs." It sounded substantially better than the midi choir, so I used it instead,

rbowser, I agree for shorter pieces such as the "Sanctus." The "Credo," however, might present a more significant issue.

bigears, when performed the human voices intertwined very nicely. It begins with a trio of male voices, goes into a fugue and concludes with a trio of male voices playing off a trio of female voice.

Being for an infant, the parents wanted a Mass that was appropriately light and short in length.

Tom, this is a well crafted and fitting tribute for the tragic occasion in question.

Only this afternoon, while continuing to research my family history, I was saddened to be reminded that many of my ancestors had died as infants in the 1700 and 1800s. And even the just released 1911 UK census asked how many children in the household had died.

Your contribution with this work will bring comfort to all that reflect on the fragile nature of the young life.

The GPO choir provides a good rendition too.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards, Graham

Tom,

Very beautiful, and very fitting the sad occasion for which you composed it. I really liked the little harmonic surprises - the occasional out-of-mode- pitch, that always seemed to come at just he right moment. Well done!

To take your wav file and convert it to an mp3, all you need is iTunes (and I'm sure there are other ways). Just import it, set the conversion to mp3, and away you go - takes about 30 seconds, if you take the scenic route.

Nicely done - thanks for sharing it.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Ron, thank you for the information. At the moment I cannot load any of the GPO, JABB or C&MB instruments because of the severe limitations of ARIA. And, since I still don't know what else I will have to purchase to eventually make it all work, I have hesitated to add additional software that may later be in conflict. So for the time being I am having to content myself with wgat came with Finale 2009. As you can undoubtedly tell, I am not much of a computer expert.

A very well done Sanctus, Tom, that I know would
    perform just beautifully.

Technical matters... there are many wav -> mp3
    converters around; and most audio editors will also
    do this conversion (usually from Save As... when you
    are saving the file).

Here's a starting point...
    http://www.google.com/search?safe=st...3+wave+convert

I didn't sort around with them, but some of them
    should be free.

All my best,