• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: NAMM: Announcing Garritan World Instruments

Share/Bookmark

NAMM: Announcing Garritan World Instruments

A World of Diverse Musical Possibilities:
    GARRITAN WORLD INSTRUMENTS

NAMM, Anaheim, CA (January 15, 2009) - Garritan today announced a new World Instrument library presenting a comprehensive collection of expressive and exotic instruments from around the world.

With the World Wide Web, the world is connected as never before and this is especially true in music.
    We are daily hearing more and more instruments from all over the world -- in movies, television, the Olympic Games, and popular and contemporary music as today's music embraces cultures from far-away corners of the globe. World music is becoming more important in this global age.

The Garritan World Instrument collection offers a large variety of beautifully sampled flutes - Native American flutes, bamboo flues, Irish flutes, Chinese and Japanese flutes, Indian flutes, clay flutes, pan flutes, nose flutes and many other exotic winds from around the globe. Included is a dynamic array of pitched and un-pitched percussion instruments - Taiko drums, Gamelan ensemble, Log drums, tablas, ewe drums, balaphon, Udu drum, talking drum, steel drums, an array of Latin percussion, and much more. There are numerous types of plucked and bowed strings, including: Indian Sitars, Japanese koto and shamisen, African kora, Middle Eastern oud and santoor, and erhu. A variety of other instruments include didgeridoo, Middle Eastern reed instruments, accordions, Tibetan bowls, and harmonium, to name just a few.

The Garritan World Instruments Library is designed with playability and expressive control in mind. It features controls for dynamics, vibrato, tongue/slur techniques, airflow, auto legato, auto-variability, auto-portamento, trills and more - to make these samples musical, realistic and expressive. There is even support for wind controllers (like the Akai EWI).

Powered by the powerful ARIA playback engine (developed by Plogue Technologies), the Garritan World Instruments will work on a single computer, laptop and even some netbooks, Mac OSX or PC platform, standalone, or plug-in for all major sequencers (VST, AU, RTAS), works with Finale 2009 and with other supported notation programs. Garritan World Instruments can transform your computer into an ethnomusicologist's dream.

A unique feature of the Garritan World instruments is its support for Scala files to adjust to different temperaments and tunings. While many ethnic sample libraries are equal temperament based on Western tuning, Garritan World Instruments supports Scala, a standard file format for musical tunings supporting hundreds of different scales. With Scala support, musicians can play an instrument in its truly authentic form quickly and easily.

The Garritan World Instruments will be available soon as a download and later on DVD. And you will be able to download new ethnic instruments to add to your collection as they become available.

There's an entire planet's worth of instruments waiting to be discovered! Explore a new world of unique, rare, and exotic instruments that will add diversity and spice to your music. Garritan World Instruments will take your creations to new heights, with a stunning selection of sounds from musical cultures around the globe!

Pricing and Availability: Garritan World Instruments is expected to be released 1st quarter 2009. Pricing will be announced upon release.

Re: NAMM: Announcing Garritan World Instruments

While we slept . . . . .

This is excellent and exciting news Gary!

Congratulations Gary.

Just another piece to the puzzle that has been put into place!!!

I can't wait to hear some demos.

Jonny
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

looking forward to some demos of this, particularly as another company has just announced a similar product...

Gary,

Congratulations! I am sure this will be a wonderful addition to your fine line of products. Can't wait to hear it!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    The Garritan World Instrument collection offers a large variety of beautifully sampled flutes - Native American flutes, bamboo flues, Irish flutes, Chinese and Japanese flutes, Indian flutes, clay flutes, pan flutes, nose flutes and many other exotic winds from around the globe.

Pricing and Availability: Garritan World Instruments is expected to be released 1st quarter 2009. Pricing will be announced upon release.
    Aargh! I gotta have this! And I'm not waiting for any sale this time! I need it!

Congratulations on another product release Gary!
    I'm looking forward to this sample set. I especially like that it will be available via download and that more content will be made over time. This coupled with Aria as the central `brain' of all thing Garritan makes a compelling package. I hope things are going fantastic at NAMM!

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Oh WOW!! This is really exciting!! I really can't wait for this one, this sounds fantastic!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

This is amazing news
    I can't wait.

...BTW does anyone know if the Akai EWI usb has vista 64bit drivers

Go Back to forum