• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: So NAMM is here... Update ready??

Share/Bookmark

So NAMM is here... Update ready??

According to what we've been told, we should be expecting the update right about now?

Re: So NAMM is here... Update ready??

Jeff had told us Namm or sooner. And that is just for a preliminary update. He said the later update which has no date scheduled seems as if it will incorporate what is already done in the Basic version. Have the professional versions been put on the back burner?

Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
    Jeff had told us Namm or sooner. And that is just for a preliminary update.
    Seven months since I bought this broken library and still no set date on when they plan on FIXING it.

At NAMM the last few days, we've been showing the update of Pro/Standard with bug fixes I'd referred to. Primarily we've been showing the Steinway basic which was just released. The download of the pro/standard update I expect will be available late this week (it needs to be packaged and uploaded when we get back).
    Since Basic has been out I've been working on the Pro versions, though of course with a large chunk of time out for NAMM prep and Christmas. This Pro focus will continue for at least until the larger update is out this Spring - it is and will continue to be the highest priority for a while.

Hi, Curt

What exactly do you mean by "...broken library..."--?

I've had the Steinway since shortly after it came out, and have had nothing but great results using it. What problems are you referring to which make you think it's "broken"--?

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hi, Curt

I've had the Steinway since shortly after it came out, and have had nothing but great results using it. What problems are you referring to which make you think it's "broken"--?

Randy B.
    There are a few bad samples in GAS (the higher velocities on the A above middle C for example), as well as a fair amount of noise in the sampleset (there are all things one should expect in a version 1.0 product); however, I just installed Ivory Italian Grand, and it sounds far worse than GAS could ever hope to sound.

Almost the entire octave above middle C has very metallic attacks in the higher velocities. It almost sounds like a Korg M1 piano patch! This just about renders Italian Grand unusable for me. Perhaps Synthogy will address this is a future update.

Thus, in my experience, GAS totally schools Italian Grand!

Hi, Curt

Randy B.
    Hello again Randy!

We've actually had a converstion about this already! http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...62&postcount=4

And yes, the hiss is rediculous. In a solo piano setting with heavy damper pedal it starts to sound like a rushing river!

Curt

lol---AAAAah yes, the old thread comes back to me now. I remember. Well, I'm happy to report there are no "rushing rivers" in my copy of The Steinway. I just listened to a piece by Jonny Lost in The Listening Room - nary a river there either.

Randy

Well, I'm happy to report there are no "rushing rivers" in my copy of The Steinway.

Randy
    Hi, Randy

Does the sostenuto pedal work correctly in your copy of the Steinway? Maybe you were sent a different copy.

Jun

I know Jeff is working on it. I know that is not simple and that there is a lot of work involved. Last year at the NAMM 2008 they launched that great instrument. We are one year past this memorable happening and still it is NOT good enough to use it without amending the velocities to lower values. Other noises are there as well (pedalling!!!!).

I sincerely hope that those promises of a real good Steinway finally will be fulfilled, knowing that Garritan isn't a politician making promises all the time without keeping them.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast