• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: GOS2 with ARIA has been announced at NAMM!!!

Share/Bookmark

GOS2 with ARIA has been announced at NAMM!!!

YES!!!

It's now official, I got an email from KVRaudio with a link to the press release. GOS 2 with the ARIA player has been annouced at NAMM.

Here's the press release:

Garritan has announced its most comprehensive and musically expressive orchestral string library – Garritan Orchestral Strings 2. This new string library will be powered by the Garritan ARIA sample engine.

This library includes the complete string sections of the orchestra as well as an extended complement of solo strings. The stringed instruments recorded in this collection include Stradivarius, Guarneri, Gagliano, Montagnana, Testore, and many other rare instruments, and were recorded in 24-bit at the world-renowned Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts.

The library includes a rare solo Stradivari violin, a solo Pallotta viola, a solo Gofriller cello, a solo Amati double-Bass, 1st violin section, 2nd violin section, viola section, cello section, double-Bass section, and a full string orchestra.

Each string section and solo instrument allows performance of an "astonishing" array of articulations, bowings, playing techniques and special effects. Special morphing technology enables performance of dynamic morphing between layers and the ability to impart and control expressive vibrato on solo strings (the first full string library with this capability) and section strings. The following articulations are included: various sustains, staccato, marcato, spiccato, martelle', pizzicato, sautille, portamento, ricochet, col legno, tremolo, trills (at various interval), and harmonics. Additionally, many of these articulations may be played altra corda (on an adjoining string) or con sordino (muted).

There are avant-garde effects such as harmonic glissandi (Penderecki effects) and below-the-bridge effects included. Bow position control (sul tasto and sul ponticelli), up and down bowing, realistic legato and portamento, body/sympathetic resonance behavior modeling, adjustable noise (bow, pluck and snap noise) and controllable loose/tight articulations are also included. Extraordinary levels of realism, expressiveness and virtuoso performances are now possible, according to Garritan.

The collection comes integrated with the ARIA Player, Garritan's powerful 64-bit Sampler/Synthesis Engine, developed in collaboration with Plogue Art et Technologie.

Gary Garritan made the announcement at the NAMM Convention. "We always wanted to introduce this extraordinary additional content and capability that has been in development since the first release, and now we have that opportunity," says Gary Garritan. "When Garritan Orchestral Strings was first released seven years ago, it sparked the revolution in high-quality sample libraries. I am confident that Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 will once again raise the bar and create a new and higher standard."

Pricing and Availability

Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 is expected to be released 1st quarter of 2009. Pricing will be announced upon release.

Very very cool!!!

Thanks Gary and team.

NDEE

Re: GOS2 with ARIA has been announced at NAMM!!!

That's really great to hear. I'm working on something right now and was thinking "I wish I had harmonics". Soon maybe I will.

Steve Winkler

Garritan Orchestral Strings 2 is expected to be released 1st quarter of 2009. Pricing will be announced upon release.
    I'd really like to hear this set . . . but I take the release date with some caution. When Gary puts it in the Updates to the Updates I'll figure it's ready for prime time. It's good to know that it's close, though.

Joe

Wow. Really impressive. Gary really has a good taste on doing things in an extraordinary manner! =) I'm really happy to see a string library that tries to beat the others instead of just replicating what all of them already have.

Congratulations very much to the whole team, this is awesome news!!!

Also, congrats on the other products announced at namm, looking forward to hear them too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NDEE View Post
    YES!!!
    controllable loose/tight articulations are also included
    Ooh! Who else does this (so that it's not a patch but a real-time expression?!!)

Hi,

I own GPO, JAAB, Gofriller and just bought Concert & Marching Band.

Will it cost me extra to stay up to date.

Best wishes,

Herbert

Excellent! the question is, do i get ARIA GPO or GOS2? I mainly want ARIA GPO for the strad thats included, so maybe i will get GOS2 instead! This is going to be an awesome library!

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    Excellent! the question is, do i get ARIA GPO or GOS2? I mainly want ARIA GPO for the strad thats included, so maybe i will get GOS2 instead! This is going to be an awesome library!
    If you want the best string sounds, go for GOS2. I think the GPO ARIA version isn't the same as in GOS2 - it's probably either improved version of the current GPO Stradivari or somehow reduced version of the GOS2-Stradivari. I'm just guessing, but just considering the price of the previously discontinued Stradivari Solo violin, I don't think we'll see the same soundset in GPO ARIA update. Much more likely in the GOS2, since this is a dedicated string-library for extremely good quality. So, for good strings, go for GOS2.

ARGH

how totally frustrating....
    I just BOUGHT both the Gopher and the Strad.
    Now I'll have to load the credit card again to get GOS2? AND GPO2?

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy View Post
    ARGH

how totally frustrating....
    I just BOUGHT both the Gopher and the Strad.
    Now I'll have to load the credit card again to get GOS2? AND GPO2?
    Maybe not load to full capacity.

GPO update is $49. And I suspect GOS2 will come with significant discounts for Strad, Gofriller, and original GOS. Probably different levels, depending on how many of the aforementioned libraries you own.

Go Back to forum