• Register
  • Help

Topic: What? GPO isn't recognizing its own files!

Share/Bookmark

What? GPO isn't recognizing its own files!

Whenever I start up GPO, it looks for the library, but even if I put it right on my desktop and tell it to look there, it doesn't find any "suitable content files". The file names are exactly what they should be:

GPO_Library_part1.nks

and it's labeled Kontakt Monolith. The strangest part is, when I load an instrument and it asks for the samples, I can click auto-find and it'll find the files just fine. I just don't want to do that every time if I can help it. Does anyone know a fix to this annoyance?
    www.soundclick.com/lordskye
    Original music with a video game vibe. Check it out.

Re: What? GPO isn't recognizing its own files!

Try re-copying the monolith files from your original installation media or, should that fail, reinstalling.

I don't have the original installation media with me, it's at home, and I won't be there for a couple months.
    Are there any other obvious ways to fix this? It just doesn't make sense. Does not compute.

Did you upgrade to KP2? If so, your KP1 files won't work any more -- use the KP2 ones instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig View Post
    Did you upgrade to KP2? If so, your KP1 files won't work any more -- use the KP2 ones instead.
    I did upgrade to KP2. I don't understand how I can change the monolith files from KP1 to KP2 though; do you know?

Do they appear in the "User Instruments" tab of KP2? GPO hasn't worked properly for a VERY long time on this PC, but I can still load all the files as "User Instruments" for some reason.

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Go Back to forum