• Register
  • Help

Topic: FL Studio notation question

Share/Bookmark

FL Studio notation question

Hello!
    I'm new arround here
    I have trouble understanding a tutorial with GPO, I've only started using it a little time ago.
    I'm using FL Studio and I was looking for tutorials to make realistic sounding strings and I found this:
    http://garritan.info/index.php/Maste...RINGS_Tutorial

My problem with this tutorial is that I don't know what terms like CC1 variation data are and overall I don't pretty much understand the tutorial (and of course because FL Studio isnt used in that tutorial I think some stuff might be different).
    Is there anywhere I can find tutorials for n00bs like me? I need to learn stuff like this basically from scratch... I've been using FL Studio for a few years and goofing arround with MIDIs, but it's only since now that I started to play arround with the piano roll and I would like to learn about it in depth. I'm trying to get realistic and detailed string sounds, I've been playing arround a lot but I think that knowing well the notation is essential.
    I'd be really appreciated if I get a response =)
    Thanks!

Dan

Re: FL Studio notation question

Quote Originally Posted by AntiRellik View Post
    Hello!
    I'm new arround here
    I have trouble understanding a tutorial with GPO, I've only started using it a little time ago.
    I'm using FL Studio and I was looking for tutorials to make realistic sounding strings and I found this:
    http://garritan.info/index.php/Maste...RINGS_Tutorial

My problem with this tutorial is that I don't know what terms like CC1 variation data are and overall I don't pretty much understand the tutorial (and of course because FL Studio isnt used in that tutorial I think some stuff might be different).
    Is there anywhere I can find tutorials for n00bs like me? I need to learn stuff like this basically from scratch... I've been using FL Studio for a few years and goofing arround with MIDIs, but it's only since now that I started to play arround with the piano roll and I would like to learn about it in depth. I'm trying to get realistic and detailed string sounds, I've been playing arround a lot but I think that knowing well the notation is essential.
    I'd be really appreciated if I get a response =)
    Thanks!

Dan
    Have you tried Image Lines website? Go to their video tutorials. Also youtube is filled with tons of FL stuff.

Re: FL Studio notation question

Hi, I'm am a FL/GPO dabbler and I couldn't get FL to work correctly.. namely the sustain controller. I couldn't get it it to correctly remove the attacks from strings.. and other related issues.

I'm now thinking about learning Sonar or Cubase..

Go Back to forum