• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere no audio output?

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere no audio output?

Hi all,

I recently got Spectrasonics Omnisphere, but when I load it, select a patch from the patch browser and press a key on my midi keyboard, there is no audio output?

Omnisphere receives the MIDI signal just fine (I can see the 'numbers' on top of the GUI lighting up like they are triggered), but there is just no sound. The VU meters in the GUI don't show up either.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

Re: Omnisphere no audio output?

It is probably not routed right in your host.
    Which host are you using?

I'm running Cubase Studio 4.

The MIDI channel output is set to 'Omnisphere'. I'm loading it just like I always load my VST's.

Then maybe you have set the wrong input midi channel. Make sure that you set all midi channels as inputs to the VSTi track.

I have the same recurring problem, but with Logic. The fix for me was to go into the MULTI window and set the MIDI channel to 9. I have no idea why it defaults to that, but I haven't been able to change it. It's an extra step, but hey -- it works.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryStar View Post

Omnisphere receives the MIDI signal just fine (I can see the 'numbers' on top of the GUI lighting up like they are triggered), but there is just no sound. The VU meters in the GUI don't show up either.
    By default Omni parts respond to cc11/expression on the parts' respective channels, which can be disabled by clicking the pedal icon lower right - for each part separately. Could be that somehow this controller was set to zero --> no volume.

So just click the pedal icon and see what happens. HTH

werner

That's a symptom of an incorrect installation. Make sure you've properly installed all of your Omnisphere DVD's.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryStar View Post
    Hi all,

I recently got Spectrasonics Omnisphere, but when I load it, select a patch from the patch browser and press a key on my midi keyboard, there is no audio output?

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

That sounds like a problem in your Logic track settings. I suspect you have your midi channel set to 9 for the track which contains Omnisphere.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by composernyc View Post
    I have the same recurring problem, but with Logic. The fix for me was to go into the MULTI window and set the MIDI channel to 9. I have no idea why it defaults to that, but I haven't been able to change it. It's an extra step, but hey -- it works.

Kerry

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    That sounds like a problem in your Logic track settings. I suspect you have your midi channel set to 9 for the track which contains Omnisphere.

- Glenn
    No, it happens on any track that I use Omnisphere, in any project. The tech support guys were great, but they couldn't figure it out either. At least the workaround is a simple one.
    Mr. Kerry Muzzey

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    That's a symptom of an incorrect installation. Make sure you've properly installed all of your Omnisphere DVD's.

- Glenn

I think I have properly installed all the DVD's, I followed the installation instructions and the folder structure looks correct.

My MIDI channels seem fine too, like I said, when I have the Omnisphere GUI open and press a key, I see the number buttons on the top receive the MIDI data.

Go Back to forum