• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Garritan World Instruments Library

Share/Bookmark

Garritan World Instruments Library

MacMusic.org had this announcement:

http://www.macmusic.org/news/view.php/lang/en/id/7488/

I must have been snoozing when it was announced. I want this one!

dave

Re: Garritan World Instruments Library

I can't wait for this one, either! The only thing that could be better for me is an Early Instruments collection. (hint, hint)...
    Any wind of a release date, yet?

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    The only thing that could be better for me is an Early Instruments collection. (hint, hint)...
    I feel you on that one, bro
    Regards Danial Zainali
    ___
    Reinvent powdered wigs!

What I previewed at NAMM looked awesome. There was, however, a lack of Celtic instruments which made me sad. I was referred, rather, to the Bela D Celtic Wind package.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Oh man I missed this announcement as well! This is awesome, I can't wait.

Chris

Schneb,

The Bela D Media celtic instruments are wonderful. The scripting is top notch and they have samples many of the inflections that are pretty much impossible to play with single note samples. The Uillean pipes are my favorite.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Haydn View Post
    The Bela D Media celtic instruments are wonderful. The scripting is top notch and they have samples many of the inflections that are pretty much impossible to play with single note samples.
    +1

I know we're in the wrong place, but if Gary refered you to them, then I guess he feels no competition there. The Anthology series are just fantastic. Their only flaw is that, after you buy them, you'll want to put duduk and uillean pipes in every track.
    David

Really nice list of instruments listed for this - I'm SO glad this Garritan Library has been developed. I keep getting tempted to buy the World Instruments available for Sonar's Dimension synth--definitely have shelved that idea and now eagerly await the release of Gary's instruments.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by schneb View Post
    What I previewed at NAMM looked awesome. There was, however, a lack of Celtic instruments which made me sad. I was referred, rather, to the Bela D Celtic Wind package.
    The lack of Celtic instruments is disapointing to me also. I'm sure Bela-D package is fine, but it uses Kontakt, so it's out of the question.

I'll just wait for another option that doesn't use Kontakt.

JT

Hi, Jeff - I know you're not alone in disliking Kontakt - but "...but it uses Kontakt, so it's out of the question..." wow. ---I feel very fortunate that KP2 and dealing with NI hasn't been a problem for me.

To me it's almost invisible--load the instruments, direct the audio outs to Sonar where I do the work - The one semi-tricky thing was to understand that one needs to add more faders, and to be sure each instrument is directed to a separate out. But once those things were clear, - It's worked. Looking forward to ARIA, but I don't get the virtual Hatred for KP2 which is common.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum