• Register
  • Help

Topic: Secret to Stradavai Sound Discovered?

Share/Bookmark

Secret to Stradavai Sound Discovered?

Interesting Article, where a man who has been studying the sound of Stradavari violins claims to have found the secret to the violin's sound.

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009...1351232685420/

Personally, I think it has to do with my mad mod wheel skills.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Re: Secret to Stradavai Sound Discovered?

Quote Originally Posted by LFO View Post
    Interesting Article, where a man who has been studying the sound of Stradavari violins claims to have found the secret to the violin's sound.

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/2009...1351232685420/

Personally, I think it has to do with my mad mod wheel skills.

-Kevin
    For the cynical;

"One should bear in mind, however, that Nagyvary too has financial reasons to believe his own side of the argument: he runs a violin-making business offering instruments "based on 28 years of research on Stradivari, Guarneris, and Amatis" which sell for as much as $25k."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Monaghan View Post
    For the cynical;

"One should bear in mind, however, that Nagyvary too has financial reasons to believe his own side of the argument: he runs a violin-making business offering instruments "based on 28 years of research on Stradivari, Guarneris, and Amatis" which sell for as much as $25k."
    He's got an incredibly long waiting line. I've had my order in with him for 18 years. I thought I hadn't gotten my violin because my layaway plan only has me paying $10.00 a month.

"The presence of these chemicals all points to collaboration between the violin makers and the local drugstore and druggist at the time," Nagyvary said Thursday in a release. "Their probable intent was to treat the wood for preservation purposes. Both Stradivari and Guarneri would have wanted to treat their violins to prevent worms from eating away the wood because worm infestations were very widespread at that time."
    A-ha, sure. Drugs, right ... + musician = worms.
    Styxx

Go Back to forum