• Register
  • Help

Topic: Breath Control Support?

Share/Bookmark

Breath Control Support?

Hello-

Do all the Garritan libraries support breath control?

I'm sure that the sound set created for the AKAI EWI USB must support breath control. But what about other libraries? For instance, the Garritan Aria sound set for Finale?

Or--the older Kontakt-based GPO and JABB?

If one is using one of these libraries with a wind controller, or a keyboard with breath controller, how does one set up the patch, so that volume will be controlled by breath control, and not the mod wheel?

Re: Breath Control Support?

All patches that respond to the mod wheel also respond identically to CC#2 (and, I think, CC#11). I use both JABB and GPO with my WX-5 all the time. In fact, that's the only way I input wind instrument MIDI.

Quote Originally Posted by raweber View Post
    All patches that respond to the mod wheel also respond identically to CC#2 (and, I think, CC#11). I use both JABB and GPO with my WX-5 all the time. In fact, that's the only way I input wind instrument MIDI.
    Is CC#2 Breath Control, and CC#11 Expression?

So, are you saying that one does not need to do any tweaking, configuration, etc., to get the Garritan products to work with breath control? Just input with the wind controller, and it picks up the breath control messages?

Quote Originally Posted by maiki View Post
    Is CC#2 Breath Control, and CC#11 Expression?

So, are you saying that one does not need to do any tweaking, configuration, etc., to get the Garritan products to work with breath control? Just input with the wind controller, and it picks up the breath control messages?
    Yes. The versions that come with the Kontakt 2 player work with a wind controller right out of the box.
    Serge

Go Back to forum