• Register
  • Help

Topic: Garritan Choirs?

Share/Bookmark

Garritan Choirs?

I've seen rumors here before that Garritan is working on a choirs package.

Is that just a rumor, or is that really being worked on?

If the latter, when is it expected to become available?

Will it include the ability to sing words, as with the East-West QL Symphonic Choirs? (While hopefully being easier to use, having better ranges of the vocal parts, and not so expensive?)

Will it include a children's choir?

Re: Garritan Choirs?

Your questions are probably one of the reasons it's taking so long. Yes, the rumor is true from what I gather. I am waiting as well and thought of EWSC but the positive experience with Garritan products just is outstanding!

I don't think the cost will come close to EWSC even at my educators price. Regardless of price I will wait as long as it must be for the best!

Gary ..... hurry up man!
    Styxx

after it is announced "imminent" it will take 2-3 years before it will be announced "coming soon" then it will take 2-3 months. I haven't heard it called imminent yet, so your guess is as good as anyones'. I'm sure it will be a good product, but I doubt it will be cheap.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Talked with Tom about this at the NAMM show. Seems the conversion to ARIA of current offerings has taken precedent over the Choir, but they say they are going to be working on it. Yes, it will indeed be able to enunciate words from what I am told.

If I am wrong, Gary, feel free to clarify.
    Garritan on GarageBand '08 using Intel iMac with 1.5G RAM
    Listen to my collection here

Quote Originally Posted by schneb View Post
    Talked with Tom about this at the NAMM show. Seems the conversion to ARIA of current offerings has taken precedent over the Choir, but they say they are going to be working on it. Yes, it will indeed be able to enunciate words from what I am told.

If I am wrong, Gary, feel free to clarify.
    Any comment, Gary? Have samples been recorded yet? Technology worked on for the lyric singing aspect? Any estimate of when it may be ready?

Quote Originally Posted by maiki View Post
    Have samples been recorded yet? Technology worked on for the lyric singing aspect?
    Back last year when I spoke with Gary over the phone he played a sample for me of the choir library. Sweet, really sweet! I'm sure it's going to happen as soon as he feels it's ready. I can't wait!!!

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum