• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kindly Help-GPO Automation Problem in FL8

Share/Bookmark

Kindly Help-GPO Automation Problem in FL8

I use FL Studio8 as my favorite sequencer.

I use VST instance of Kontakt2 in which I load GPO instruments.

At times I use to score in piano roll, with no external MIDI devices considering nature of work flow. When it comes for automation, I could edit the data of Mod Wheel.

I could not do it with timbre and intonation.

I see "Unsupported parameter1" and "unsupported parameter2" in my event editor, in FL.

I could never tamper with so called "unsupported parameter" , with no knob/slider devices.

I would greatly appreciate any help, suggestions from members who use/know how to fix this problem.

I am just curious to understand is there anything unsupported as far as FL or my work flow concern or I don't support myself

Thanks,
    Gokul
    Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

Re: Kindly Help-GPO Automation Problem in FL8

Hello Gokul

We will try to move your question to the GPO help Forum where you will be able to get more help from members.

For now, I can tell you that you do not need to have knobs or sliders for parameters when you are working in the event editor. You may draw the data in any way you want. If you did not have a mod wheel, you could draw that in the same way.

I do not use FL Studio 8, but hopefully someone who does will see your question when this post is in the new Forum, and will be able to give you more detail.

Randy B.

Hi Gokul,

Welcome to the forum! I hope you like it here.

GPO should work the same in FL Studio as in other sequencers. The important thing to know is that Mod Wheel (cc#1) controls dynamics/timbre on sustain instruments. And Sustain Pedal cc#64 controls legato. Velocity controls attack strength. In the manual is a list of all the other controllers. So if you can draw these values in wiithin FL Studio you will be fine.

One of our members did a tutorial about using FL Studio with GPO - http://www.garritan.com/tutorial/GPO...0FLStudio.html
    Although this uses Kontakt 1 Player some of the information you may find useful. When we come out with GPO ARIA we will work on doing updated tutorials.

All the best

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello Gokul

We will try to move your question to the GPO help Forum where you will be able to get more help from members.

For now, I can tell you that you do not need to have knobs or sliders for parameters when you are working in the event editor. You may draw the data in any way you want. If you did not have a mod wheel, you could draw that in the same way.

I do not use FL Studio 8, but hopefully someone who does will see your question when this post is in the new Forum, and will be able to give you more detail.

Randy B.

Dear Randy and Gary,

Thanks.

I can edit mod wheel and all, I am afraid I don't know how to configure(if one needed!!) timbre and intonation.

Sorry Randy, I would spend some time in understanding how the forum is organized, so that I could place my queries in appropriate places.

Regards,
    Gokul
    Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent." - Victor Hugo

Hi, I hope you can draw the attention of someone who uses FL Studio.
    Again, the cc#'s you will need to control are #22 for intonation, and #23 for timbre. Are you able to open up any sort of controller editing pane or view?

here's a link to a series of video tutorials on FL Studio:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXSbO...eature=channel

Good Luck, John

Dear John,

FL provides "velocity" (Mod wheel", Pitch, Fine pitch etc.
    In the list I see two titles say "unsupported parameter 1" and "unsupported parameter 2"

I believe there could be two possibilities.

1. I don't know how to configure things so that those parameters say timber / intonation could be supported by FL

2. FL does not support them with no MIDI device. I have posted the query in FL forum too and yet to get some answers.

Thanks for your link. I will check it. I don't see any problem with FL's native instruments. This happens onlly with Kontakt / GPO

Regards,
    Gokul

Hello again, Gokul

It is no problem that your question needed to be moved. Now people can see the message and try to help. And John "Big Ears" is already here trying to help.

I am surprised, but it sounds like FL is a more limited program than I realized. In the sequencers I have used, Sonar and Cubase, any number you can think of can be typed in the menu of the MIDI editor (Piano Roll View) and then data can be drawn in using that number. If it is a MIDI controller that actually controls a particular instrument, then you get the effect you desired.

It sounds like you are saying in FL there is a limitation of what controllers you can draw in, and this does indeed sound like a big limitation.

I want to add that using controllers #22 and #23 when using GPO can add some effective natural touches, but I know that many people do not use them. They are not absolutely essential to making effective recordings.

The timbre of the instruments vary depending on your Modulation Volume and Velocity Values. #23 adds yet more variety, but can add such a subtle difference to a track that it is not noticed.

#22 which varies the intonation so that notes are slightly out of tune is a controller which tends to be used too heavily by people who try using it. The results are a very out of tune orchestra, which of course is not pleasant to listen to.

For now I think perhaps you could change your focus so that you concentrate on assembling your pieces with good performances for each instrument, with full use of the controllers which you currently CAN work with in FL. That will keep you quite busy enough. Then later perhaps these more subtle controllers can be figured out for your projects.

Randy

Thanks Randy,

Now I am exploring the possibilities to find out what could be done.
    I may come out with some solution for stated problems too. At present I am not sure in figuring out the limitations of FL and it could be pre-matured at this point. Let me keep exploring things with experiments.

I would love to share them with you.

Thanks,
    Gokul

Gokul, I became curious and went to FL's site. Only the "Express" program from them has limited MIDI editing support. It looks as if the other versions should have full implementation like in Sonar and Cubase.

But they have an active Forum where these kind of technical questions directly related to FL are discussed. I think you will be able to find all your answers there:

http://forum.image-line.com/viewforum.php?f=200

DO post music for us to hear in The Listening Room. Use the menu at the bottom right corner of the screen to go to that page where we share our music with each other.

Best of luck with everything!

Randy B.

Thanks Randy, I use Producer Edition of FL I am trying to figure it out.
    I am glad that you became curious about fl

I would love to park some songs in listening room. No worry I may not be posting them in wrong threads I hope

Gokul

PS : I have posted the question on FL forum.

Go Back to forum