• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Miss America 2009 is from my town!

Share/Bookmark

Miss America 2009 is from my town!

Katie Stam - daughter of a fellow music teacher in our school system and my choral supervisor - won tonight.

She is the real deal - a very sweet girl and we are very excited!
    I watched her in many musicals and she is very talented.
    Whenever I spoke to her she was just the nicest kid - great parents too!
    She will do a great job as Miss America and we are proud!

Way to go Katie!
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: Miss America 2009 is from my town!

What does a Miss America actually do? Do they get given responsibilities or are they just to be a role model for other young people?

Man, if Franklin were not such a happenin' town, and if I didn't live 15 min walk from my job, I'd pull up stakes and head for Seymour in a flash.

Congrats to Katie & Seymour (sounds like a wedding)

I can just see the sign on Highway 11 now...

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

What a wonderful thing, Charles! Our new Miss America is certainly a beautiful young lady, and it's great to hear that you know her and have a high opinion of her. Sounds like the whole country should be proud of her representing our spirit and ideals. You should be very proud!

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by BenNichols View Post
    What does a Miss America actually do? Do they get given responsibilities or are they just to be a role model for other young people?
    These days, being a role model for young people is a heady responsibility!

Jim
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...um=4&ct=title#

Does she like traveling, reading, meeting people, world peace and horses?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    http://video.google.com/videosearch?...um=4&ct=title#

Does she like traveling, reading, meeting people, world peace and horses?

ah, i love a bit of world peace....

Katie will not be anything like the "world peace" kind of Miss America. A very intelligent and thoughtful girl who will be a spokesperson for several community causes. She give the term "beauty pageant" a good name.

A very impressive young lady - not an airhead beauty.
    She will be on a very busy schedule all year long with speaking engagements - talking to schools, community groups, churches and a lot more.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Good going, Charles - I am glad to see you responding so well about Katie in her newly won leadership role.

I'm sure you didn't mean this literally "...Katie will not be anything like the 'world peace' kind of Miss America..." Because I'm sure she has intelligent interest in the cause for peace as well as the rest of the serious issues concerning current world conditions.

I understand you were using a phrase with negative connotations ("a world peace kind of Miss America") as a way of responding to the folks here who apparently wanted to sneer about the Miss America program. I just wanted to gently point out that we shouldn't lose sight of how being advocates for world peace doesn't make people "airheads."

I'm very impressed with Katie, and I want to thank you for pointing her out to us. I'm afraid the pageant had slipped by this year without me noticing!

Randy B.

From the rest of the world - I wonder if we'd miss America

Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum