• Register
  • Help

Topic: The world has let its children down

Share/Bookmark

The world has let its children down

A remix and reaarangement of a song I have posted here before. Does not feel done. But I feel exhausted trying to get ot right. Your thoughts and commenst really welcome to get me focused on fixing the right stuff. The world has let its children down:

http://www.soundclick.com/sunnyz

http://www.myspace.com/sunnyzaman

Thanks

Uses stardivari and gofriller

Re: The world has let its children down

Hi, this is a cool use of the solo strings in a unique setting. I enjoyed your song, I liked the structure, main and background vocals, and the drumming a lot. At the end, I think I would give some thought to maybe just having the solo piano wrap things up. The strings get a little too exposed there at the end, diminishing IMHO what has come before. They sounded a bit static to me, with little or no change in the timbre. They both need cc# 11 (controlling volume & timbre) constant changes to sound realistic.
    Nice song, with some good ideas in it! John

Just reposted a remix with following changes:
    - tighter low end
    - better use of automation for instruments to highlight various parts
    - less harsh cymbals
    - less harsh guitar
    - modified fade out
    Love any feedback.

Sunny

I see your from Alabama. I had to check just because this has such an English feel to it. A bit of influence from Pink Floyd of course, but some earlier english bands peak their way thru as well.

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

I think this is an improvement over your last post of this song.

I hope you figure out what more it needs.

Phil

LOL! I am from Toronto but grew up in England.

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Sunny

I see your from Alabama. I had to check just because this has such an English feel to it. A bit of influence from Pink Floyd of course, but some earlier english bands peak their way thru as well.

Well done

Ron

Hello, Sunny!--Good to see you here again.

I remember when you posted an earlier version of this quite some time ago--in 2007 in fact, as per my search on your posting history just now.

I can EASILY say you've really improved the track- I think it sounds great!

I see you liked John "Big Ears" suggestion to fade out with just the Piano--that worked!

Now--you said that you feel too exhausted to keep working on it. ALL of us have been there. It's a trap too easily fallen into - to keep working and working on a track, not knowing when it's "finished."

My advice---Put it away. Move on. It's not always easy to accept this, but Nothing is ever "finished." But it's a time-wasting trap to keep tweaking and tweaking something which is already in more than merely "presentable" form.

You'll get a boost of enthusiasm, you'll feel fresh and ready to do more, if you just do exactly that--move on and do more!

OK? This is excellent--Now, new project time!

Thanks for the posting--Really enjoyed it.

Randy B.

A remixed version. The previous version had a lot of eq boosts that are always a bad idea and made this sound harsh. Also tried to add some beef to the drums. Comments and thoughts welcome. COnstructive criticism particularly appreciated.

SoundClick artist: Sunny Z - Everything is recorded at home.
    SunnyZ on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Videos

Hi again, I think this is coming together now. I like the sound of the drums throughout. I like the general sound on the vocal, seems very clear and it's nice to be able to hear and understand the words. Not a big fan of the "low-fi" effect on the vocal when the title line is sung though. I do like the slide guitar break although I thought maybe it seemed a bit choppy yet, maybe hold some of those notes as long as possible. Thanks for posting the re-mix! John

Go Back to forum