• Register
  • Help

Topic: All the Chickendorfer Canons

Share/Bookmark

All the Chickendorfer Canons

Well, this concludes the Chickendorfer Canons:

Chickendorfer Canons III

Chickendorfer Canons IV

In case you want to hear them in proper sequence, the following were previously posted.

Chickendorfer Canons I

Chickendorfer Canons II

All sounds are GPO organ.

Richard

Re: All the Chickendorfer Canons

Hi Richard, This is quite a major writing and recording effort! The last two of the canons match the standard you set with the first pair I heard earlier.
    What do you feel like when you complete a big project? Is there a sense of relief, or are you immediately scratching around with something new?
    Thanks for sharing your work, John

Richard, very nice listening to these organwerks. They certainly make a fine use of the GPO organ. Nicely done.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Richard

These fit in perfectly with the other 2.

The Organ is definitely your instrument.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Well, thanks for the encouragement, guys! It is always good to learn that your are doing something right!

The movements all fit together well probably because they all are derived from the second movement. It was a bit tricky to do this without sounding overly repetitive.

When I finish a work, it seems like an anticlimax. The high point for me is when it is finished except for hiding the seams, and tweaking a bit, at which point there is a certain feeling of exhilaration, and another sensation which I can not explain directly. It is about the same as a game of chess, in which I can see that my king will be in check on my opponents next move, but I can also see that in three moves I will win. It is not so much that I must win (I usually do) but that I don't like to lose, and I do like the solving of a chess puzzle.

I almost always have at least one piece begun before completion of my current work. Presently, I have an idea for a major piano work, but I am not yet sure that the material is sufficient for the task I have in mind. It will probably be placed in my pile awaiting later consideration while I think about a wedding suite. My previous wedding suite became an embarrassment to me, so I took it off line (I hope; if not, before this day is over).

Richard

Go Back to forum