• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Winter's Night

Share/Bookmark

Winter's Night

This is the first song I did using GPO instruments. It's just piano, violin and cello, which is about all I can handle right now. Actually someone is adding a real violin to it this week, so this will be updated and improved very soon. But anyway, here it is. Any comments are appreciated!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=7252490

Re: Winter's Night

That is beautiful Janet.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Janet, very pretty. This certainly reflects the mood of your title! The obligato violin is a nice touch and the soulful cello certainly adds to the effect. A very nice "mood" piece.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Hi Janet and welcome! A lovely piece for a winter's night, (or day) I like the way the cello and violin are brought in. I enjoyed hearing this one, thanks!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    This is the first song I did using GPO instruments. It's just piano, violin and cello, which is about all I can handle right now. Actually someone is adding a real violin to it this week, so this will be updated and improved very soon. But anyway, here it is. Any comments are appreciated!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=7252490
    Well done, Miss Janet! I enjoyed your work.

Welcome to this forum.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Janet

This is so different from before. What Violin is this in here now?

I miss the cello in the beginning, but then it is your piece not mine.

I am glad you decided to join our little community here. I think you will find everyone to be very friendly here.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

This is real nice. I hear the violin now.

I checked out your music and I guess you have been composing pretty much for piano.

I hope you utilize the Garritan library and expand your arranging.

But I do enjoy your piano work.

Welcome to the forum and have fun with your music.

Phil

This is a very nice reflective piece. What an interesting view of the prairie you have on the music player. It really fits this lovely music. You have scored this well and it really works together. Thank you so much for sharing this with the community and WELCOME aboard!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Thank you all for your replies and for your warm welcome! I appreciate it! (For some reason I didn't get email notices of posts here the last 2 days, so I haven't stopped by here to check out this thread. I didn't mean to ignore everyone!) Anyway, I need to say that now there is a real violin on this piece, thanks to Scott Campbell. He also played the cello on his keyboard, so I guess the only GPO instrument on this is now piano. But I rather like the way it turned out and it's great to have a real instrument on one of my pieces finally! Anyway, thanks so much. I need to poke around this forum soon when I get a chance! Janet

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    Thank you all for your replies and for your warm welcome! I appreciate it! (For some reason I didn't get email notices of posts here the last 2 days, so I haven't stopped by here to check out this thread. I didn't mean to ignore everyone!) Anyway, I need to say that now there is a real violin on this piece, thanks to Scott Campbell. He also played the cello on his keyboard, so I guess the only GPO instrument on this is now piano. But I rather like the way it turned out and it's great to have a real instrument on one of my pieces finally! Anyway, thanks so much. I need to poke around this forum soon when I get a chance! Janet
    Hi Janet,

Love the piano on this - and on some of your other pieces that I've listened to this evening. The GPO strings and the rest of the Garritan orchestra could sound truly amazing in your hands so please, experiment and keep us posted!

Regards,

Graham

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast