• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omnisphere MIDI learn problem with 1.0.3 update

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere MIDI learn problem with 1.0.3 update

I've used MIDI learn (MIDI note learn) to increment through the sounds (in patch browser and multi browser (bottom note of the music controller keyboard to increment down on the list, and the second lowest (white) note to increment up.

Worked fine in both patch and multi browsers using 1.0.2. Works fine with 1.0.3 for patches, but not the multi browser.

In the multi browser, it works the first several times, but then when I press the either notes on the music controller keyboard (to increment up or increment down) an error message in Omnisphere pops up "Notice - Cannot load multi while Load is in progress". Once I clear this (by pressing return on the computer keyboard, or clicking OK with the mouse) the next multi loads properly. (It should simply load, without the error message, and the requirement to clear the message).

Very annoying, and as I indicated, I did not get this behaviour with Omnisphere 1.0.2.

Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing this?

I'm running:

Software version 1.0.3f
    Soundsources version 1.0.2
    Patches version 1.0.3

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Re: Omnisphere MIDI learn problem with 1.0.3 update

That wasn't changed in 1.0.3, so I can't explain why you didn't experience it in 1.0.2. There is some element of chance involved, depending on when you start the second load.

We have had requests to change that behavior so that, if you start the load of a new multi while a prior load is in progress, the first one is aborted and the second is started. We're definitely considering including that in a future update, but in the meantime, that message is there to let you know the second load will not happen.

- Glenn

Thanks, Glenn.

It's not a matter of interrupting a load in progress. I load a multi, and play it for a minute or so (so it is indeed fully loaded!) and then as soon as I try to load the next multi (using MIDI learn), I get the error message.

If I use the mouse, I can load the next multi with no problems, but of course this rather defeats the purpose of using MIDI learn to use the music keyboard to load the next multi!

Also, is there a way to have the MIDI learn template load automatically, when the plugin runs? Right now I have to manually load the template from the utility menu each and every time (and every instance) the plugin is loaded. There has got to be a better way!

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I figured out what the problem is. It is incrementing two multis (and two patches in the patch browser) not one, as it should.

These are the steps I'm taking to configure:

1) right click on the down arrow in the browser
    2) click on "MIDI note learn"
    3) press the lowest key on the music keyboard

Instead of moving down to the next multi (or patch) it skips one. (It would seem that that is why I'm getting the error message in the multi browser).

So, bug or user error?

Thanks,

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

In that case, no, we haven't had any other reports of that. Please contact tech support with the details and we'll look into it.

To make a midi learn template come up as the default when you load Omnisphere, follow the instructions in the Omnisphere FAQ titled "How to load midi learn and automation settings?" at support.spectrasonics.net

- Glenn

Thanks, Glenn.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

I didn't read your post in detail so please forgive me if I am talking crap :-).
    But in the read me which I didn't read till long after..lol. apparently it deletes your default multi if you had one. I did, I had created midi learns then saved that multi as my default. So my midi learns didn't work with 1.0.3. Fortunately I had saved that midi learn file so I loaded it again and recreated my multi.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx View Post
    I didn't read your post in detail so please forgive me if I am talking crap :-).
    But in the read me which I didn't read till long after..lol. apparently it deletes your default multi if you had one. I did, I had created midi learns then saved that multi as my default. So my midi learns didn't work with 1.0.3. Fortunately I had saved that midi learn file so I loaded it again and recreated my multi.
    rsp
    Thanks. You're not talking crap!

I've been just loading from the template each time - because I didn't realize that you could do this automatically.

When it wasn't working properly with 1.0.3, I deleted all MIDI learn (Utility/Unlearn all) and started over. Same result.

I've sent an email to Tech Support, so we'll see what they'll find.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

It turns out that it was not a problem with Omnisphere, but my controller. It was the zone buttons on the Roland controller I'm using (RD-700GX) that was causing this problem.

So, now I can happily check out all of the new sounds, and start making music! I've gone through all multi sounds, and the "A"'s from the patches, and tagged what will be immediately useful for my style.

If you can be in love with a plugin, well - gosh darn it - "I must be in love!" (I'm certainly in seventh heaven). My wife asked me why I was so wired this morning, so it must be showing . . . !

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

Go Back to forum