• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Keyboard" magazine still rolling in!

Share/Bookmark

"Keyboard" magazine still rolling in!

New issue of "Keyboard" arrived today, still gratis as per the nice deal Gary set up back during the Gary-Go-Round sale.

For those of us who snatched up the offer, and then patiently waited for a snafu over the free offer was untangled, it's great to be getting all these free issues.

I can see at a glance that as usual there are many useful articles - like a good one on Piano Roll View info that could help users who often seem a bit confused about what goes on in that central hub of a DAW.

Great stuff! Thanks again, Gary, for making this possible.

Randy

Re: "Keyboard" magazine still rolling in!

I signed up for that, but have never seen it.

Boo hooo!

Ditto for me.

--what the?----It took at least 6 months for the deal to kick in, and I know some people got so disgruntled they demanded to be let Out of the deal - but then at least some of us who'd been waiting started getting it. There was a mix up with a bill being sent to us, but that was taken care of--an error that Gary easily straightened out. I've been enjoying the magazine for quite awhile now--sorry your subs apparently didn't kick in!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by jmpaquette View Post
    I signed up for that, but have never seen it.

Boo hooo!
    Same for me. Never saw a thing!

Peace

Rik Pfenninger

--well hush my mouth. Here I was picturing all of us digging into the best synth player mag for free every month. I dunno what happened!

Randy

Strange. Many received their subscriptions from all the thank yous we received. Please note if you were outside the US you were ineligible. And sorry for those in the US that fell through the cracks.

Gary

Me neither! (Despite my screen name, I'm here in the good ole USA.)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    --well hush my mouth. Here I was picturing all of us digging into the best synth player mag for free every month. I dunno what happened!

Randy

............................and they have never asked me for an interview either.

some people's kids....what is this world coming to?
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

I used to get it, years ago, for free because I am the sole proprietor of my consulting business. This went on for years. Then, one day, they sent me a notice saying that they were no longer giving free subscriptions and wanted me to pay for it. I said "no thanks". But I signed up for the free subscription when it was mentioned in these forums (twice, actually) and I was never contacted or sent the magazine.

It's their loss (and their advertisers). Keyboard used to be my chief source for finding out about new products. Every year I'd buy a couple of items that I first found out about in Keyboard magazine. I assume that, like most publications, Keyboard earns more revenue from advertising than sales. If that's the case, they are only narrowing the audience that their advertisers are trying to reach and hurting themselves in the end.

Go Back to forum