• Register
  • Help

Topic: The new Omnisphere update wiped all my tags out- Doh!

Share/Bookmark

The new Omnisphere update wiped all my tags out- Doh!

I really LOVE the update (thanks Eric), but it removed all my tags. I spent about 10 hours a few weeks ago going through the entire patch list and labeled all my favorite patches with "favorite" in the tag. After the update I enter "favorite" and totally different patches come up. DOH!!!!

Only because the update is so awesome I am not wanting to smack my head on the wall. Any ideas on how I can possibly get my tags back?

BTW- I just purchased Alchemy, and after spending 1 hour with it I was ready to go back to Omnisphere.

Thanks!

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: The new Omnisphere update wiped all my tags out- Doh!

That doesn't sound right. Updating Omnisphere does not remove or overwrite any tags you have applied. They should still be there on disk in your "Settings Library/User Tags" folder. But, if they're not working the way you expect, contact tech support and they'll help you out.

- Glenn

Ya, it's kind of strange. I check several patches that I originally tagged and indeed my tags are gone. Oh well, I guess I will just have to re-listen to the entire awesome sound set again- how bad for me.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Just to be safe, I have always saved my favourites by resaving them in a user folder called favourites, for situations just like this.
    Yes they show up twice in the browser, but oh well :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Sorry for the inconvenience. I think that's happening because we rearranged a lot of the patches into new categories and had to rename a number of them. So the user tags are referencing patches that are no longer in the same place or have the same name.

The massive re-organization we did this time was a one-time thing, so that this won't the the same kind of problem in the future.

Contact tech support about it.

We may be able to repair that issue for you.

I have been wondering about this. Isn't there a better way to identify patches as favorites?
    Having so many amazing patches is almost ... a problem!

I usually like to gather patches for a given project and would love to be able to create a folder of "name of project" with my selected sound palette. Not sure if I'm missing something but I don't think that's available.

I know I could gather patches into several multis but it's far from ideal and not really what I am hoping to do.

I appreciate there was a conscious and diligent effort to factory label the patches.
    I too would want to go meticulously through the library to organize it and label to my personal taste and style. There are patches I see using all the time other I would never see myself using.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Omnisphere. I bought it as soon as it came out eventhough I did not have a computer to run it! It is a very inspired and inspiring synth and I am immensely grateful you created this. It's making us all sound amazing! Giving the user the ability to create collections would help me stay focused when I need to get something done as opposed to have fun and constantly hunt for the next coolest patch.

You can do what you want to do very easily with Omnisphere.

Save any of the Patches you like into the User or Projects directories. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    Sorry for the inconvenience. I think that's happening because we rearranged a lot of the patches into new categories and had to rename a number of them. So the user tags are referencing patches that are no longer in the same place or have the same name.

The massive re-organization we did this time was a one-time thing, so that this won't the the same kind of problem in the future.
    Ahhhh this explains a lot. Thanks...
    MacBook Pro 17-inch 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4GB memory Mac OS X (10.6.2) Logic Pro 9, G-Tech Raid 2 1TB/Lacie HD, RME Fireface 400, Axiom 25, Voices Of Passion, Goliath, Symphonic Orchestra Gold, Symphonic Chiors, Silk, R.A., Storm Drums 2, Stylus RMX, Peak Pro,Trilian, and Omnisphere.

www.plusishiphop.com
    www.myspace.com/plusishiphop
    www.twitter.com/plusishiphop
    www.youtube.com/plusishiphop

Smile Re: The new Omnisphere update wiped all my tags out- Doh!

But of course, how could I think you guys would not have thought of this!

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum View Post
    You can do what you want to do very easily with Omnisphere.

Save any of the Patches you like into the User or Projects directories. :-)

Go Back to forum