• Register
  • Help

Topic: A demo request

A demo request

I am currently trying to convince my wife to buy me the GPO 4th edition when it releases in a few weeks. One of the biggest selling points for her is that it comes with handbell samples. She is currently a church bell choir director, and I have been unable to find a demo that utilizes the handbells prominently.

Would anyone mind throwing something together that showcases the handbell sounds? It doesn't have to be brilliant by any means, but anything would be great.

Re: A demo request

Here is my own arrangement of O Little Town of Bethlehem I did with Garritan sounds,
    it contains an entire verse with handbells from GPO.

And it is awesome too.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhap2 View Post
    And it is awesome too.

Agreed wholeheartedly. Thanks a bunch, Dan!

Hi BK,

Here's a solo setting of Mendelssohn's Wedding March. I've always wanted to hear a handbell arrangement of this at a wedding (wedding bells extreme!):

It covers the entire three-octave range of the Garritan handbells at a variety of dynamics. Also, because the handbell choir is a decidedly stereo experience, panning is varied at appropriate spots to give an idea of some of the possible sonic effects.

The Garritan handbells are basic and have only the standard open tone, i.e., no dead tone, no mallets, no special effects, etc. So, using these for arranging will give a good idea of the general sound, but anything beyond that would require a more extensive library (if one exists ).

Central Illinois

The Wedding March sounds great on bells!
    I just wanted to mention that there are some different sounding bells over at Bolder Sounds, called "Christmas Bells" for $20. They are for Kontakt 2 or EXS24, and are mapped from A4-G6. He has a couple of demos of them there as well. John

awe shucks guys

thank you,

Go Back to forum