Smile An Exotic Stradivari Violin performance

Hope you enjoy!!!

"Whatever Lola wants, Lola gets"

http://www.box.net/shared/e8ahrxtfkm

Re: An Exotic Stradivari Violin performance

Heckler,

An absolute delight!

Great tango with an eastern flavour...

The strad is done expertly, light and swift, the background just right for this whole setup!

Much enjoyed and will look forward to more...

Yudit

Smile Re: An Exotic Stradivari Violin performance

WOW!!!
    Thank you Yudit!!!!

You know......
    Ive had that Gershwin piece of yours on my hard drive since you made that thread! Its my favourite Garritan piece ever!
    I still listen to it at times for some piano inspiration....
    I hope to be as good as you are one day with the Steinway!

Hi, I haven't thought of Damn Yankees and Se˝orita Lolita Banana for a long long time. Great job invoking the sultry siren from stage and screen. I thought maybe the violin could be a little more present in the mix. Thanks for sharing a fun tune! John

VERY nice. I enjoyed listening to this piece very much. I agree that the strad was done very well, very expressively.
    Thanks for posting it.

That's HOT. Outstanging job on this track Heckler. I have to put that in my listen to file.

Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Superb!!!!!!!!!

Raymond

Hello, Heckler - This is so great, what you've posted--It's the kind of Garritan-driven recording which can be an inspiration to ALL, and I mean literally ALL of us Garritan Library users, no matter how experienced we are.

"Damn Yankees"--I'm with John "Big Ears" that it's great to hear this tune again. And done so well! The arrangement is great and so are the performances.

OK, I'll pass on one technical note - For my taste the recording is overly wet with reverb. John thought the Violin could be "more present in the mix"--and I agree, but want to add that it's not due to low volume. It seemed well balanced with the rest of the band, it's just that the Violin is too wet in my opinion.

It actually sounds like you've applied the same amount of reverb to the entire track. It's interesting that doing that can simulate how bands can sound in Real Life - though your level of reverb makes it sound like I am really way back in the room when I'd prefer to be closer--and the venue is fairly large.

But in recordings, it's more effect, I think, to bend reality and exagerate the distances between instruments--So in this case, the lead Violin could be much closer (less reverb) and the other instruments could also have their distance from the listener more clearly defined.

It still sounds great as is, because you've done such an animated, organic sounding performance, and constructed some very savvy charts.

EDIT: I forgot to mention - You're using Box, and I do also. If you have more than one file in a folder, then when a listener clicks on to hear a tune, this one you posted for instance, at the end, the player moves on to the next file in the same folder. You may not want people having access to everything like that. If you'd prefer to post just One song at a time, then just create a new folder for each MP3.

Thanks!

Randy B.

Hi,

this is the first GarritanStrad piece that I really enjoyed (hmm ... maybe I am picky ).

I agree with the mix being too wet/distant, however it seems to serve the tone here. May I ask which reverb you use?

That run is dangerous, hehe ..

That tequila song is an outstanding mix!
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

I enjoyed it too. Well Done.

I too thought the mix was a little distant.

But a great example of the strad in action.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast