• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: End of the GOS contest!

Share/Bookmark

End of the GOS contest!

A month ago I said I would give my copy of GOS to the person who posted a link to the best string composition. Today is the day I promised I would start a new thread for voting.

Sadly there is only one entry at the moment, so the vote may be unnecessary. Currently RobH has the only entry:-

http://www.box.net/shared/7plpc00lo7

I'm going to hold off until into the evening of the 30th over there in the US, so if anyone wants to post a last minute entry, now would be the time.
    David

Re: End of the GOS contest!

I will plug in my recording of "Affirmation" as soon as I get home from work tonight (after 5:00 CST). It's been a real busy month. Thanks.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Hi Pingu!

Are you sure you want to give away a copy of GOS? I wouldn't if I were you. Even if you have (and won't) never used it, GOS2 release is around the corner, and I suppose Gary will have an upgrade path for GOS customers.

I've readed the official announcement at NAMM in KVR audio website, and it promises to be what everybody was waiting for (OK, maybe not everybody, since no product can satisfy everyone).

Just a note, before it's too late...

Greetings!
    -Dani-

Quote Originally Posted by ZareOne View Post
    Hi Pingu!

Are you sure you want to give away a copy of GOS? I wouldn't if I were you. Even if you have (and won't) never used it, GOS2 release is around the corner, and I suppose Gary will have an upgrade path for GOS customers.
    Thanks ZareOne - that's why I like this forum; people really look out for each other.

As it is I already spoke to Gary and, being the incredibly generous man that he is, he said I could still take advantage of the upgrade, even though I've given my copy of GOS away.
    David

OK Then! This is a win-win solution, so everyone would be happy (me too when I have a copy of GOS2 in my PC, hehehe)

Kind regards.
    -Dani-

I'm sure glad to hear you can still get the upgrade. I started to think twice about submitting a tune tonight for that very reason. I was just starting to write to you about my concern when ZareOne's message came across. I would have pulled my submission if it meant you couldn't take advantage of the upgrade. As long as Gary said it's ok that's great!

You're right, Pingu, it's wonderful that people do look out for each other. Take care.

Gary

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Here's my entry:

http://www.box.net/shared/mhm8jfc42p

This piece was written several years ago and is a live recording of a string orchestra group from Madison, Wisconsin. Because this is copyrighted I checked with both Pingu and Gary to make sure this is OK. They were fine with it and Gary mentioned to me he thought it would probably come under fair use as it is my arrangement and that I give credit to Kjos Music Music Company. I have wanted the forum to hear this piece for a very long time. I'm quite proud of it. The file is quite large so it may take some time to download.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by serenitymusician View Post
    Here's my entry:

http://www.box.net/shared/mhm8jfc42p

This piece was written several years ago and is a live recording of a string orchestra group from Madison, Wisconsin. Because this is copyrighted I checked with both Pingu and Gary to make sure this is OK. They were fine with it and Gary mentioned to me he thought it would probably come under fair use as it is my arrangement and that I give credit to Kjos Music Music Company. I have wanted the forum to hear this piece for a very long time. I'm quite proud of it. The file is quite large so it may take some time to download.

Gary
    Very nice arrangement Gary! Hope you come in a close second!

Rob

Rob,

Thank you for the kind thoughts. I just listened to your piece. That is such a gorgeous piece of music! I'm listening to it again now and it's really well done. I sure would love to hear a live string orchestra play your piece. It deserves it!!!

Gary

Hi Pingu -

Am I in time? Here is my entry. It is a piece I wrote a while ago and a fairly basic rendition. I would love to have a better production of it when time and technology permit and am looking forward to the availability of GOS2.

http://www.sibeliusmusic.com/mp3/1/2/8/128475.mp3

Once you click the link, it will take a minute or so to download the mp3. Then just click on the play button of the quicktime controls that should appear in your browser. I hope you like it and thanks for your consideration.

Best

JQ
    DELL_P4_3.4Ghz_3Gb_1Tb~Creative_SBAudigy2ZS~Tannoy _Reveal_6Ds
    WindowsXP_Pro_SP2~Sib_5.2.5~GPOSE~NI_Kontakt2~Cuba se_CS4.1
    http://members.sibeliusmusic.com/sm ~MMX~

Go Back to forum