• Register
  • Help

Topic: Should I install OMNI library in NON start up drive?

Share/Bookmark

Should I install OMNI library in NON start up drive?

Hi there,

Just installing this now and wondered if others are getting better performance from installing the sound libraries on their 'sample' drives and NOT the start up drive as suggested in the manual.

Waiting for your opinions.

Thanks
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Re: Should I install OMNI library in NON start up drive?

Rob

Mine's working fine on my sample drive alongside RMX and other libraries with no problems whatsoever. I'm on a Mac though and I recall you're using WinXP so not a direct comparison. Also I've never tried running it on my boot drive as I try and leave that alone for the O/S and Logic.

Best

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Kiel View Post
    Rob

Mine's working fine on my sample drive alongside RMX and other libraries with no problems whatsoever. I'm on a Mac though and I recall you're using WinXP so not a direct comparison. Also I've never tried running it on my boot drive as I try and leave that alone for the O/S and Logic.

Best

Tim
    Shoot - too late - installing it on my start up drive.

Should I stop installation and start over putting on my sample drive? Or can I just move this folder once I am done?

Thanks for your reply.

Rob
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Hey just talked to a helpful person at Spectrasonics and he suggested AFTER I install this to move the STEAM folder to my samples drive - make a 'shortcut' of the folder - rename the 'shortcut to STEAM' to just 'STEAM' and put THAT shortcut where I originally installed it.

Sounds complicated but really simple solution. I just didn't realize this library was so HUGE - went brain dead for a minute

Hope my stupidity helps someone else
    Rob Elliott Music
    www.robelliottmusic.com

Go Back to forum