• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Trio Completed

Share/Bookmark

Trio Completed

A few weeks back I posted a work-in-progress; this is the completed piece. The scoring is flute, violin (GPO) and guitar (JABB). For those of you who listened to the sketch, the firs 6 minutes or so are the same - just jump ahead to catch the last 5 minutes. Sorry for the length (11 minutes) - perhaps people can listen in installments.

The link should open in a new browser with the file streaming; I don't know why for some it asks you to download the file - it has something to do with browser plug-ins.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can spare the time to listen.

Trio:

http://homepage.mac.com/ronpearl/iMovieTheater34.html

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Re: Trio Completed

Hi Ron, This time I was able to access this with the Safari browser, for some reason I can't get there while using Firefox, even though I have Quicktime installed. Oh well, another mystery.
    I am going to have to listen to this a lot more to even begin to "grok" what you have done with this piece. My immediate impression is that it's immaculate, wonderfully executed and rendered, and sounds great in the Quicktime player. So, for now at least, a great big "Bravo!" John

Your music won't "play" for me, Mr. Ron.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Great to hear this back in completed form, Ron;
    and you've done a superb job of developing this --
    the thinking behind this and the execution of it
    is first rate work... particularly in the orchestration
    of this -- given the ensemble, there's a surprising
    sense of depth and fullness to the sound.

And aside from all the construction work -- it's just
    a darned good listen... an engaging work that holds
    and moves the listener, throughout.

Bravo!

All my best,

David
    -----
    David Sosnowski
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi Ron, This time I was able to access this with the Safari browser, for some reason I can't get there while using Firefox, even though I have Quicktime installed. Oh well, another mystery.
    I am going to have to listen to this a lot more to even begin to "grok" what you have done with this piece. My immediate impression is that it's immaculate, wonderfully executed and rendered, and sounds great in the Quicktime player. So, for now at least, a great big "Bravo!" John
    John,

Thanks for the kind words, and thanks for listening AGAIN! I'm not sure what "grok" means - slog? Whatever the verb means, I hope it is a pleasant exercise!

Glad that Safari worked for you.

I really appreciate your taking the time to stop by.

All the best,
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander View Post
    Your music won't "play" for me, Mr. Ron.
    Sorry about that, Larry. My guess is that you are using Explorer (?). Is the Quicktime plugin enabled? I agree that it's a pain to download - I rarely do it myself; why it won't stream for you is a mystery. Thanks for trying, at any rate...wish I had an answer.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Hi Ron, I just meant understanding or knowing. Probably not the best word choice. I do think your music is definitely worth spending some time with.
    John

To grok (pronounced /ˈgrɒk/) is to share the same reality or line of thinking with another physical or conceptual entity. Author Robert A. Heinlein coined the term in his best-selling 1961 book Stranger in a Strange Land. In Heinlein's view of quantum theory, grokking is the intermingling of intelligence that necessarily affects both the observer and the observed.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines grok as "to understand intuitively or by empathy; to establish rapport with" and "to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment."

That was a very pretty piece of music and also very interesting.

I really like the guitar with the strings and flute.

I'd like to hear this performed live.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by bigears View Post
    Hi Ron, I just meant understanding or knowing. Probably not the best word choice. I do think your music is definitely worth spending some time with.
    John

To grok (pronounced /ˈgrɒk/) is to share the same reality or line of thinking with another physical or conceptual entity. Author Robert A. Heinlein coined the term in his best-selling 1961 book Stranger in a Strange Land. In Heinlein's view of quantum theory, grokking is the intermingling of intelligence that necessarily affects both the observer and the observed.

The Oxford English Dictionary defines grok as "to understand intuitively or by empathy; to establish rapport with" and "to empathize or communicate sympathetically (with); also, to experience enjoyment."

John,

I learn something new every day...interesting word.

Thanks for that!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

Enjoyed listening, Ron.
    Listening to the music wrapped me up more in feelings than in what was happening. I think it was the constancy of sound. Perhaps a little space with an occasional solo from each instrument, and beats of silence might add to listener awareness. Just an idea...
    Gary

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast