• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Trilian information needed

Share/Bookmark

Trilian information needed

Hi,
    I'm interested in a bass VSTi but I'm not familiar with Trilogy and even less familiar with Trilian.
    When can we expect to hear Trilian in action and read what it can and can't do? Sound samples etc...?

Thanks.

Re: Trilian information needed

When it's released in May the full info will be available.

Only in May? That's not good. I need to know what the instrument is capable of before that. My problem I know.
    Will it have a demo version when it's out?

Another question:
    I saw the NAMM video about Trilian. Eric said that you can play the Trilian patches through Omnisphere. Since Trilian has controls that Omnisphere doesn't, for example the amount of direct in and amplifier volumes, will changing these parameters in the Trilian GUI affect those played patches in Omnisphere?
    If so does it mean that I will need to create an instance of Trilian even though I'm using Omnisphere to play those patches?

My guess is that there won't be demo version like hasn't been in any other Spectrasonics product.

Quote Originally Posted by yairhol View Post
    Another question:
    I saw the NAMM video about Trilian. Eric said that you can play the Trilian patches through Omnisphere. Since Trilian has controls that Omnisphere doesn't, for example the amount of direct in and amplifier volumes, will changing these parameters in the Trilian GUI affect those played patches in Omnisphere?
    If so does it mean that I will need to create an instance of Trilian even though I'm using Omnisphere to play those patches?
    As far as i understand it the mix bettween direct and amped versions in Trillian is realized thru LAyer A and B so it is no problem to recreate the exact same patch in Omnisphere.Simply change the relative levels of A and B in Omni to balance between direct and amped versions.
    Actually Omnisphere has some features that Trillian doesnt have like granular synthesis-so you can do even more things in Omni to a Trillian sound than in Trillian itsself.

The feature by which Omnisphere can load and play Trilian sounds is not available in Omnisphere 1.0. It will be available in a future update to Omnisphere.

- Glenn

a hah, so maybe omnisphere whatever version, will be like EW Play and morph its GUI depending on the sampleset loaded.

rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    The feature by which Omnisphere can load and play Trilian sounds is not available in Omnisphere 1.0. It will be available in a future update to Omnisphere.

- Glenn
    That's important information.
    Will the version of Omni that plays Trilian sounds be a free update or will we need to pay for this feature?

Pray tell why will that be important?
    There will be no Trilian that is just samples alone, it will come with its own vsti, if perchance the omnisphere version that can play it is not a free update and you don't want to pay it, just use the interface that comes with trilian.
    What am I missing?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Go Back to forum