• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can anyone help with this GS3 question?

Share/Bookmark

Can anyone help with this GS3 question?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to install GS3 on an xp machine that has never had GS on it before. I had 4 giga pcs and Im starting to upgrade the whole system and move everything over to Kontakt but I need to get GS3 up and running on a pc that has never had it. I did a clean install from the original GS3 DVDs and when prompted to enter my user key and reg info, I used the same info I had on one of the other pcs. Alas, GS3 wont accept the old reg info?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Phone: 917-327-0293
    Email: andy@andybrick.com
    Web: http://www.andybrick.com
    AIM: andybrick

Re: Can anyone help with this GS3 question?

GS3 registration is relative to each machine and sometimes even to a new hard drive and also time related even on the same hardware.
    You'll have to register it again.
    Rumor is that calling TASCAM is the fastest way.

Re: Can anyone help with this GS3 question?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Brick View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to install GS3 on an xp machine that has never had GS on it before. I had 4 giga pcs and Im starting to upgrade the whole system and move everything over to Kontakt but I need to get GS3 up and running on a pc that has never had it. I did a clean install from the original GS3 DVDs and when prompted to enter my user key and reg info, I used the same info I had on one of the other pcs. Alas, GS3 wont accept the old reg info?

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Andy
    Hi Andy,

If you previously had Giga Installed on that computer,
    then there are probably system artifacts on your D drive.
    When I install, I always have everything go to the C drive, including Gigapulses etc. So, my suggestion is you format all the hard drives on that computer, reinstall your system, then reinstall Gigastudio.

Good luck!
    Bond

Go Back to forum