• Register
  • Help

Topic: Export of Wav files from Kontakt3

Share/Bookmark

Export of Wav files from Kontakt3

I am wanting to buy the Kontakt 3 sampling software. Can I save and export Wav files from it to use in my Akai hardware sampler??

Re: Export of Wav files from Kontakt3

Yes, if sound files of the library are not protected.

The sound files of many current Kontakt-Only libraries are protected.
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Quote Originally Posted by kgustafson View Post
    I am wanting to buy the Kontakt 3 sampling software. Can I save and export Wav files from it to use in my Akai hardware sampler??
    The samples in Kontakt are only one step of it`s great sound. Kontakt uses many funny things to transform the samples right. Many envelopes, filters, Lfo`s, scripting and so on, and it is in Kontakt`s format/language.

Kontakt can import sounds done in Akai-format, but the Akai samplers can not import sounds who are done in Kontakt-format. I think there is no way.

You can sample sounds from Kontakt`s audio-output with your Akai sampler, but that for sure makes no sence.

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

To clarify Gunther's comments, if yo save an instrument created in Kontakt using the "save patch + samples" options, Kontakt will create a folder full of samples which you can then use in other samplers - that is, provided the samples are not protected as Ken mentioned. What Gunther said, in a nutshell, is that you can't load the actual instrument in other samplers, since Kontakt has many instrument design features not included in other samplers.

Belbin

Wouldn't that just be a duplication of the samples which were used for that instrument?
    ie if I load up a snare drum sample and mangle it with Kontakt, saving it as a "patch + samples" would result in a folder with the same original snare sample and an .nki that does the mangling.
    Or are you talking about samples which have been changed in the audio editing module of Kontakt?
    I'm likely missing the point here somewhere.
    If pro is the opposite of con lets look beyond this....the opposite of congress must be progress...

If the sample wave files are protected in Kontakt monolith files, you can't do "save patch with sample."
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Go Back to forum