Topic: Clarinet Compositions

Share/Bookmark

Clarinet Compositions

Y'all All,

Here are some of my original works for Bb clarinet:

1. "Clarinet Study Number Six"

2. "Clarinet Study Number Four"

3. "Clarinet Study Number Two"

There is a degree of performance difficulty in these works, but they all can be (and have been) played by a live human-type being.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: Clarinet Compositions

Hi Larry, These make some great studies with the rhythms and lots of interesting changes. I don't play the instrument, but I believe these would be of great use to a band teacher needing to keep his students interested and awake. I've toiled my way through a lot of piano and guitar studies that were snoozers. Good work on these! John

There is a degree of performance difficulty in these works, but they all can be (and have been) played by a live human-type being.
    and also by aliens......

Thanks for the good words, Mr. John. Appreciate it.

(I'm sorry about your [former] Governor.)

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Those put a big smile on my face Larry. WELL DONE!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    Those put a big smile on my face Larry. WELL DONE!
    That little ol' smile-maker...ME.

Thank you, Sir.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi again Larry, I was just thinking towards the end of No. 2, it starts to sound like a rah-rah high school "fight" song for the local team.

Our former governor has moved on to the "hall of shame" where there is lots of room for his former colleagues and current members of the Senate and Congress to join him.

John

Hello, Larry - Happy day after the day after--(how many?) -your Birthday! I feel like we're still celebrating with these invigorating, bright Clarinet pieces. Highly enjoyable, and very nice recordings of them too. Thanks for once again entertaining me and the rest of us here with more music from your seemingly endless font of inspiration.

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Hello, Larry - Happy day after the day after--(how many?) -your Birthday! I feel like we're still celebrating with these invigorating, bright Clarinet pieces. Highly enjoyable, and very nice recordings of them too. Thanks for once again entertaining me and the rest of us here with more music from your seemingly endless font of inspiration.

Randy B.
    I hope that it is "endless", at least for a few more years.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

A "degree" of performance difficulty. haven't played a clarinet for years (probably like 30) but learnt it at school. I wouldn't ever have been able to play some of this (even at half the speed) big leaps are reaaly . Still they sound rather good, must be some ace players about.

Keep up the good work
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    A "degree" of performance difficulty. haven't played a clarinet for years (probably like 30) but learnt it at school. I wouldn't ever have been able to play some of this (even at half the speed) big leaps are reaaly . Still they sound rather good, must be some ace players about.

Keep up the good work
    I know one local clarinettist chap who is able to perform even my most difficult compositions for that instrument - some with difficulty. He is amazing...big leaps and all. He even constructs his own reeds which are a tad thicker than normal.

Thanks for listening.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast