• Register
  • Help

Topic: Omni - Need help locating a patch...

Omni - Need help locating a patch...

First of all I have to say that Omnisphere is the greatest synth I have ever had the pleasure of using. Kudos to Eric and his team for this brilliant masterpiece! I now have so many song ideas I don't even know where to start

Now, if anyone could help me locate this patch I would be eternally grateful. When I first installed Omni, and after the update, I spent countless hours (like everyone else) auditioning patches. I finally came up with a system of marking and organizing my favorites, but long before I implemented this system I came across a patch that I now desperately want to put in a track I'm working on. It sounds like dissonant, echoing trumpets (or some sort of horn) oscillating back and forth (fifths, maybe?). Almost reminiscent of the fanfare horn sound that opens every Enigma record, if that helps?

If anyone knows this patch off the top of their head, could you please let me know? I don't expect anyone to spend time searching around 4000+ patches to find it - I'm already doing that - but if you know this patch I would be delighted to know the name.

Thanks guys!

Re: Omni - Need help locating a patch...

Hooray!! I found it - "Ionized String Resonance"

Huh, it's not a horn or trumpet at all. "Created by morphing a Grand Piano with a Flute, and then fed through a Damage Control 'Womanizer' stompbox."

Go Back to forum