• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Harp Study One

Harp Study One

A composition using GPO's second chromatic harp.

It's my second track on my MySpace. http://www.myspace.com/jswerling

The MP3 and PDF sheet music are available on my website when you register! http://jswerling.com/

Thanks for listening!

Re: Harp Study One

That is sweet. Well done!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Thanks Hippie!

Very nice "Harp Study." Why is the bass of the
    harp so dominant in the right ear? Could be my
    system, but I think not.

Did you have the treble and bass tracks panned
    separately or were they panned together?

Enjoyable listen, Antares

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

I liked this a lot. A great study for the Harp.

I also agree with Jack that the panning in this is odd.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

Thanks guys. I left the panning on default, which was probably it's place in the orchestra. I'll redo this one.

Central Illinois

Hi, Nice writing on this one. I enjoyed listening to this and look forward to hearing more of your work. John

Thanks John!

Shelton, Washington State

Yes, I enjoyed this. The arpeggios created a flowing effect and the accented notes were just enough interest to make it work with the changes.

I hope you'll post more of your work.

Hi, Antares

I've listened to music here at the Garritan Forum for a few years now, and I'm pretty sure I've never heard a Harp solo before. That's a bit ironic considering that the whole Garritan revolution was started by Gary the Harpist!

And I enjoyed the piece very much. I was in the mood to hear more Harp because over the weekend I attended a party where a Harpist entertained us playing several pieces on her beautiful mid-sized instrument.

Have you re-recorded this since the original post? I listened on my laptop, on its built in speakers--not exactly an accurate playback system, so maybe the issues people were talking about I can't hear on this--or you fixed them? The only issue I had was this sounds to be generated from a notation program, and so is overly perfect in its playing. No biggie, it didn't spoil my enjoyment.

In any case---thanks for the very nice music.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast