• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT - Voicingk my frustration!

Share/Bookmark

Angry OT - Voicingk my frustration!

It has become very clear to me that the most time I get to myself for any woik on my own ideas (and other's from time to time) is when I am at my day job. However, all I can do is visit the forum and whine about me whining for da cripe sake.

I started a project a month ago or so. I'm still trying to "start" the project. Having a home filled with other life forms other than my own gets quite distracting. Sometimes I just feel as if I should throw up my hands and get rid of all my equipment. Anyone up for a garage sale? This way if I sell my garage which is attached to the house which is occupied by several teenage E-Pluribus Useless award winners, I can get some woik done!

Something just accured to me ... if you are reading this then you are either at a loss to write a new piece of music or you are just down right, out right, as bored as I am.

How about a yard sale?

That's all I can stanz and I can't stanz no more! Uk kukukukukukukukuk!
    Styxx

Re: OT - Voicingk my frustration!

I'm hearing ya Styxx.

I just worked out I got about 15 minutes when I could have got in my bedroom-studio this week. That's nearly enough time to boot the DAW. So I guess I'll have a showreel by 2060.
    David

I"m right there with you Styxx. I'd reply more, but I have kids to drive around and a honey-do list to deal with.

*sigh*

-Kevin

We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Styxx,

Ya need a deadline. And somebody to owe it to.

And you'll probably put things off for a while.

And then you'll feel the pressure and get to work.

And then you'll feel some stress and tell everybody to leave you the heck alone.

And then you'll get in the groove.

Next thing you know it'll be 3am.

Then you go to work. You'll be to tired to be creative there.

You can't wait to get home to work on the project.

Next thing you know, you're composing until 3am again.

And before long, your project is complete. You'll have accomplished something.

Not sure what comes next though!

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post

How about a yard sale?

Just had one - on Ebay.PITA.

Jon - Your post was right on. That Is exactly the way it works.

Sometimes we can set deadlines for ourselves and take them seriously, but when we're on someone else's clock, it's amazing how we can kick in and get things Done.

Nothing like too little time, a bit of stress and a dash of panic to make our creativity and productivity wake up!

Randy B.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    Styxx,

Ya need a deadline. And somebody to owe it to.

And you'll probably put things off for a while.

And then you'll feel the pressure and get to work.

And then you'll feel some stress and tell everybody to leave you the heck alone.

And then you'll get in the groove.

Next thing you know it'll be 3am.

Then you go to work. You'll be to tired to be creative there.

You can't wait to get home to work on the project.

Next thing you know, you're composing until 3am again.

And before long, your project is complete. You'll have accomplished something.

Not sure what comes next though!
    This has got to be one of the best posts I've ever read. Thanks for sharing your wisdom.

-Kevin
    We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams …
    24" 2.4 Ghz iMac, OSX 10.4.10, MOTU 828 MKII, 2 Glyph 250 Gig external drives, Logic 9, Finale 2008 GPO, JABB, Strad, Gro, Reason 4, EWQL Storm Drum, Adrenaline, Symphonic Choirs, SO Gold,All Arturia Synths, Many NI Synths, Spectrasonics Synths, KH Strings, VEPro on a Windows 7 4x 2.8 Ghz 12 gig of RAM

Instead of having a yard sale, could we have a three feet sale?

<scratches head, wondering> how do deadlines work? If the lines are dead, how can they be useful or alert us to anything? By definition, isn't a deadline non-functioning?
    Last edited by noldar12; 02-07-2009 at 02:31 PM. Reason: non-gooder Inglush

Styxx...
    I feel yer pain, bud...my hard drive is littered with partially-complete stuff that got back-burnered due to floods, operations, car wrecks, wives, kids, playing gigs, the day gig, etc.
    Don't know about you but I tend to be a "zero-one" kinda guy...if I don't think I'll be able to get a lot done in one sitting, I just let it be and do nothing...maybe we need to grab those little 15-minute slices that Pingu was talking about.

Snor
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Ha! I like your reply Jon! Nice replies. Friday, the wife and I went to a hockey game (the one and only during the season.) After the game, went to a local club and saw my brothers blues band. Saturday, opened the store and taught lessons till 2 in the afternoon. Drove home, changed into more favorable clothes and headed out to a Christening about an hour and a half drive to the choichsk! After the baby head was dampened, we all went for dinner and that lasted till 8pm. The ride home always seems longer even at 80 miles per hour!

This morning, got up and let me darg out, made a pot ... no I didn't smoke a pot I said made a pot of coffee. Although the pot wasn't bad either. Just joking now don't start beating down me door!

Hemingway, now I sit briefly (with my briefs) and write this reply instead of firing up the other PC. However, wouldn't do much good seeing that I need a new keyboard.

Now, I am on my way upstairs to the garage to fit some new interior doors with hinges and lock sets and replace the old one's brown color wood ones mit deezzzeee nice white ones!

Maybe later I'll have a bit of free time to join in on chat this evening, yes? I should be procrastinating the work on the doors!
    Styxx

Go Back to forum