• Register
  • Help

Topic: Strange problem with sibelius and kontakt - not playing two samples at the same time

Share/Bookmark

Strange problem with sibelius and kontakt - not playing two samples at the same time

Hello everyone,

I've got violin I and violin II in Sibelius set to the same instrument bank in Kontakt, i.e. both set to 'Slot 1'

But for some reason all of a sudden, when violin I and violin II are playing different samples from the same kontakt intrument bank (i.e. when one plays arco, while the other pizz) they are cutting each other out.

Have I somehow clicked on some option which doesn't enable me to play these samples together?? I can't seem to get to the bottom of it!

If anyone can help I'd be forever grateful...

Thanks!!

AJ

Re: Strange problem with sibelius and kontakt - not playing two samples at the same t

Just to add...

When I opened a new score in Sibelius to test a few things out, Sibelius was playing back two violin samples (both using slot 1) simultaneously for the first notes (which is good!) but then just reverting back to the very first sample in my instrument bank in kontakt for the sunsequent notes.

Huh??? What's going on?!

So it plays the first notes in the score (~P4 and ~P5) together, but then they cut out and both violin I and violin II then both just play ~P0

Man I hope this makes sense to someone so they can help me!

I've searched the internet and my manuals but am lost on this one!

AJ

Go Back to forum