• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Promise Of A King - revised

Promise Of A King - revised

Hi All,

A little over a year ago I posted this piece of music - my first attempt at something orchestral. I recently went back to it and revised it based on some of the comments here and my subsequent learnings.

There are four movements:

1. The Great Announcement
    2. The Spurning
    3. Thus Ye Hath Wrought
    4. Advancing the Process

I changed the reverb from Pantheon to Perfect Space convolution and did some mastering with Sound Forge.

All instruments are GPO.

All comments welcome.

Re: Promise Of A King - revised

Quite a project. Very clearly, defined instrumentation
    without a lot of MIDI noise. Also, the orchestral pads
    are pretty.

Very enjoyable listen, Alan.

Jack Cannon--Toshiba laptop, 2.8 GHz CPU, 1.5 GB RAM, GPO4-JABB3-Auth. STEINWAY-Gofriller CELLO-Stradivari VIOLIN-COMB2-WORLD, FINALE 2009/11, RME Digiface, Cardbus, V-Stack---Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 8, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express.--MacBook Pro 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

This is very... very .....what's the word I'm lookin for?......It's Great!!!!!!

It gets the 5 smiling clapping Hippies.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

Central Illinois

Hi Alan, Well five smiling, clapping Hippies is pretty high praise, but in this case, well deserved praise. I really enjoyed hearing your work. I liked the spare feeling to the opening movement and also the dancelike section.
    You have kept this constantly interesting and entertaining, which is an achievement for a piece of this length. Thanks for bringing this back. John

Thank you Jack, Hippie and John.

I appreciate your comments.

And 5 smiling clapping Hippies... What more could I possibly ask for ??

This forum was so encouraging of a newbie when I first posted this. In fact it was the encouragement shown to another newbie that gave me the courage to post in the first place.

Some recent tips enabled me to get in and make this work with a new version of Sonar. I had been having trouble and had almost given up.

This has some great moments in it.

You are to be congratulated on having the wherewithall to go back and redo an older piece. I know how hard that can be to do.

Well done

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

I do believe that this is the first time I have heard your music. I really enjoyed your piece. One can clearly perceive the great care that you took to make it sound just the way you wanted it to be. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Shelton, Washington State

This really sounded good. You did a great job on it.

I'm glad I listened to it!

Hi Ron, Louis and Phil,

Thanks very much for your generous comments.

I am very pleased you enjoyed it.

Thank you for taking the time.

I enjoyed this Alan - and I have recollections of hearing some of this first time 'round so it clearly made an impression then too. This rendition has an admirable degree of clarity to it that allows each instrument and section to speak clearly. The GPO instruments are well balanced and the concise orchestration has helped in this respect.

The second half is particularly clever in its use of 'short strokes' (hope that makes sense) to accentuate and provide contrast. And a good, positive finale too that rounded things off nicely.

Regards, Graham

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast