• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Truth about Logic 8's Steinway Grand Piano...

Share/Bookmark

The Truth about Logic 8's Steinway Grand Piano...

I have to be honest, I use it for almost everything. I bought Sampletekk's Black Grand (close) and Vertikal Jazz. I also have the factory Kontakt2 Pianos.
    I prefer Logic's piano to those.

I am interested in Gallaxy 2 and Virtual Grand II, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I know this is highly subjective, but what are your opinions of Logic 8's "Steinway Grand Piano"? Does anyone know where the samples come from?

BTW, my primary use is for jazz and pop genres.

Re: The Truth about Logic 8's Steinway Grand Piano...

Quote Originally Posted by mojamusic View Post
    I have to be honest, I use it for almost everything. I bought Sampletekk's Black Grand (close) and Vertikal Jazz. I also have the factory Kontakt2 Pianos.
    I prefer Logic's piano to those.

I am interested in Gallaxy 2 and Virtual Grand II, but I'm not sure it's worth the money. I know this is highly subjective, but what are your opinions of Logic 8's "Steinway Grand Piano"? Does anyone know where the samples come from?

BTW, my primary use is for jazz and pop genres.
    While this is of course highly subjective, I think you're crazy!

I love and use the VG 2, Maljmso, and Sampletekk 7 Seas Grand, all great for diffrent things.

Although I do not own them, I am also impressed with what I have heard of the Garritan Steinway, EW Pianos, and BMDO.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

Different strokes for different folks. Hehehe!

I just love my Garritan Authorized Steinway, Best available for the money.
    Jerry
    Dayton, Kentucky
    Personally, I'm waiting for caller IQ.

Really, try the Virtual Grand Piano. for the money or three times the money, it sounds great.

Just try it. (and I have Akoustic Piano, EWQLP, the Big One, Black Grand, White Grand, and others.

Virtual Grand just sounds like a real piano. EWQLP is very good also but the Play system is a wreck as far as I'm concerned. (speaker killing static bursts anyone...)

jm2c

giga...

Okay, I put them up to the test again. (What was I thinking?)

I remember switching back to Logic's piano because it was causing Toontrack Superior to do "funny things" and Logic's CPU Error Message kept coming on. For some reason Logic's piano would cut through in the mix so I kept it as my go-to. It mixed well and was easy on CPU.

Okay, I listened to Black Grand and Vertikal Jazz. (I forgot I had that one.)
    They do sound a lot better than my ole' faithful L8 Steinway.

I will get Virtual Grand II to add to the collection.

Thanks for the feedback.

I have The Grand by Steinway, but i'm not using Logic.

Sounds great, imho. I've achieved some really interesting effects when playing with the extremities of the room and reverb dynamics.

My only complaint would be that its too perfect for a lot of my works.

Quote Originally Posted by Aequitas123 View Post
    My only complaint would be that its too perfect for a lot of my works.
    i used to love using a small reason refill called 'wilton piano'...iirc no velocity layers, and it may not have even had every note sampled. i'd probably still be using it except that a real piano took its place.

I've got a free piano VSTi called "Prova" that i really like, especially for idea generation as it takes little to no CPU. It sounds like an old, uncared for upright, which works great for some more "indie-ish" tracks.

Does Virtual Grand II utilize any K2 scripting features? One that was mentioned earlier was the "sympathetic release script."

I haven't seen this covered in any recent posts.

Virtual Grand is the one I use virtually all the time. Depends on what you need i guess, but as Gigagagga says it just sound real. Kudos to those guys!

And the original Malmsjo is unique and lovely. Really.

RickyB

Go Back to forum