• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Best Bass Samples

Share/Bookmark

Best Bass Samples

I had Trilogy for years but see that won't be available for Omni till summer. What is a good electric bass VI/sample that will work on a Mac/ProTools? Not looking for 'popping' and slapping bass things.

Thanks.

Re: Best Bass Samples

It might be worth waiting a couple months: multiple vendors, including of course the Spectrasonics offering, have big bass products coming up and you may want to see what's out there in the next wave before checking it out. I bet it's worth the wait.

Until then, the offerings from Vi2, Manytone and Yellow Tools would be at the top of my non-Trilogy bass list (though my experience is primarily with Trilogy). There's also one called "Hardcore Bass" that I've heard good things about but am not sure whether it suits your purposes. Then there's Broomstick Bass.

Have I left any big options out?

Hi Michael,

Check out the bass sample libraries at Orange Tree Samples--for example, the CoreBass Cherry bass sample library for Kontakt 2 and 3. Be sure to check out the audio demos. As well as being sampled down to a low B, it has 4x intelligent round robin, interval legato samples, as well as custom slides which let you slide from one note to any other at any speed. Let me know if you have any questions, too.

Best regards,

Greg
    Greg Schlaepfer
    Orange Tree Samples
    Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

My personal favorite is the Black Bass from Scarbee. Just awesome, the playability and sound quality. There are DI or various amped versions. And he's working on the Blue Bass as well. These samples definitely take keyboard bass playing to a new level.
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Per Lichtman View Post
    It might be worth waiting a couple months: multiple vendors, including of course the Spectrasonics offering, have big bass products coming up and you may want to see what's out there in the next wave before checking it out. I bet it's worth the wait.

Until then, the offerings from Vi2, Manytone and Yellow Tools would be at the top of my non-Trilogy bass list (though my experience is primarily with Trilogy). There's also one called "Hardcore Bass" that I've heard good things about but am not sure whether it suits your purposes. Then there's Broomstick Bass.

Have I left any big options out?
    Of course you left one out : Chris Hein Bass. Top notch in regards to playability and number of articulations. Of course you could wait until the Trilogy update is out. Spectrasonic is always good for a (pleasant) surprise.
    Best regards
    Raindog

Glad to see there were more options than I realized.

second vote for scarbee black bass..
    good sound and amazing playability..
    I used trilogy too before, but after I got black bass, there's no turning back..

Quote Originally Posted by Per Lichtman View Post
    It might be worth waiting a couple months: multiple vendors... have big bass products coming up.

I own several of the aforementioned bass libraries and many of them are excellent, but I wish somebody with sample a bass with flatwound strings. My preference would be a Jazz Fretless bass fingered and a regular Jazz bass picked. There's an old Wizoo bass library that does the latter, but I'd like something a little more detailed with modern programming, etc. Developers?

Cheers,
    James

http://www.scarbee.com/products/black_bass/

Scarbee Black Bass was recorded with flatwound strings.

Go Back to forum