• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Omnisphere program change

Share/Bookmark

Omnisphere program change

I am trying to figure out any way that I can avoid using my mouse to simply scroll up and down through Omnishere's patches. My controller keyboard does not have program change +- capability, but I do own the Steinberg CC121 and a Kore 2 controller. Is the any way to utilize these to scroll up and down through patches? Heck, I would love it if I could use my computer keyboard's arrow keys even (as many of my other VSTi's let me do).

Any help would be appreciated.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: Omnisphere program change

You can midi learn the browser up and down arrows to any midi controller button. Or, using midi note learn to use a note (for example, the lowest) on your midi keyboard is also a good way to control the browser.

- Glenn

Thanks Glenn. The MIDI learn wasn't working until I re-booted by DAW. Boy, I have been having a lot of strange problems with Omnisphere, including loud buzzing that randomly comes out certain outputs. It is starting to bum me out. It is like having a Ferrari in the garage and not being able to drive it. I am waiting for technical support to figure something out.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Just stating the obvious but could it be the output clipping in Omnisphere?
    Some patches have a very loud output and the main meter (top right) of Omni reaches the red in no time and clips.

Yes, I've used MIDI learn for going through patches (and multis), but I've also use MIDI learn to control the master gain, for this very reason. There is a lot of variation of output level from Omnisphere. I can easily get clipping showing in Cubase, if I'm not careful. (I'm only using the stereo outputs, though).

BTW, I'm using the Novation Nocturn to control Omnisphere.

Lawrence
    Melodialworks Music
    Music for Relaxation and Inspiration
    www.lawrencelougheed.com

This is not clipping- it is a VERY loud buzzing sound that comes on when I activate a new output via Cubase. This has never happened to me before when activating outputs on any other vsti. Tech support thinks I may be pushing my system to hard, but this has also happened without any other vsti running, but Omnisphere. Omnisphere has inspired me and I really want to use it, but this problem has been very frustrating. Every time I open up a project that uses Omnisphere I have to turn my volume down just in case it decides to buzz.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    Heck, I would love it if I could use my computer keyboard's arrow keys even (as many of my other VSTi's let me do).
    Agree 100%. Is that hard to implement? This is almost becoming a de facto standard with soft synths, so it should perhaps not be that difficult.

/Jakob

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7 View Post
    The MIDI learn wasn't working until I re-booted by DAW. It is starting to bum me out. I am waiting for technical support to figure something out.
    Yes, I have experienced this too.

I would be totally content with having the same automation setup as is default with Stylus RMX, but the initial reponse from Spectrasonics for that request was that is it so easy to setup up midi learn templates so it was not needed... OK, I tried for a few hours. Did not work. (My issue - get to see the NAME of the automation parameter from Omni in Logic). Now this was described by Spectrasonics as a bug in Logic. Then I gave up.

From a philosophical stand-point I guess it is more the customer than the manufacturer than should decide if something a product is easy or not to use.

Quantum7 - I would say that your analogy with a Ferrari in the garage is describing the status of Omnisphere right now.

/Jakob

Yes, that works fine in Logic. See the "automation" page in the Omnisphere reference guide, particularly "Host specific issues - Logic". If you need assistance, please contact tech support and they'll help you out.

- Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by JakobE View Post
    I would be totally content with having the same automation setup as is default with Stylus RMX, but the initial reponse from Spectrasonics for that request was that is it so easy to setup up midi learn templates so it was not needed... OK, I tried for a few hours. Did not work. (My issue - get to see the NAME of the automation parameter from Omni in Logic).

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    Yes, that works fine in Logic. See the "automation" page in the Omnisphere reference guide, particularly "Host specific issues - Logic". If you need assistance, please contact tech support and they'll help you out.

- Glenn
    So are you saying it it *is* now possible to see the learned Host Automation parameters by *name*? In the thread
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=64433
    you stated the following:

Quote Originally Posted by GlennO View Post
    We've been assured by Apple that will be fixed in the next Logic update. In the mean time, you can use MIDI Learn report to interpret the numbers. Also see the host-specific notes for Logic in the Omnisphere manual:

http://support.spectrasonics.net/omn...on/page01.html

- Glenn
    From the manual:
    Logic Users will see all learned Host Automation parameters by name upon load.
    /Jakob

Go Back to forum