• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Way OT and p*ssing me off

Share/Bookmark

Way OT and p*ssing me off

I have a credit card with a bank that went under and was sold off to Chase Bank.

I just received a letter from Chase saying that they were happy to have me aboard and that the rate on my credit card will be changed because they are so glad to have me as a new customer.

I had a rate of 12% with the old bank.

Chase is raising it to 29%.

Read the news tomorrow about a bank blowing up.

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Re: Way OT and p*ssing me off

Ron,

Call them up, and ask if they will change the rate - they will almost always do so. If they don't, dump 'em and get a better card. Get one that gives you points (amazing how fast they add up, as long as you don't use it to buy stuff you don't need...). But they will listen; they assume you'll say "Uh, ok, whatever you say".

But you are right: it should tick you off ( I'm cleaning up your language)

Good luck.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    I have a credit card with a bank that went under and was sold off to Chase Bank.

I just received a letter from Chase saying that they were happy to have me aboard and that the rate on my credit card will be changed because they are so glad to have me as a new customer.

I had a rate of 12% with the old bank.

Chase is raising it to 29%.

Read the news tomorrow about a bank blowing up.

Ron
    Let me see if I understand.

Taxpayers are borrowing money from China so that we can give it to the banks so that the banks can lend it back to us for a profit.

Is anybody else as confused about this as I am?

L
    http://www.larryseyer.com
    NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Larry Seyer's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

My recent experience with credit cards (I had only one) was with HSBC. I had been a customer of theirs for 10 years. I paid off my card last August and was saving it for a trip this winter. When I went to use the card it was declined. Very humiliating. When I called the bank they told me that they were cancelling all cards with no balance and/or that had not been used for a period of at least 3 months. I had had a $20,000 limit and a spotless record at 9.5%. They said it could not be reinstated because I had violated the terms of the contract by not carrying a balance. However, I could apply for a new card at only 29% and a limit of $500. I hung up

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Seyer View Post
    Let me see if I understand.

Taxpayers are borrowing money from China so that we can give it to the banks so that the banks can lend it back to us for a profit.

Is anybody else as confused about this as I am?

L
    Hi Larry,

I'm confused too! Taxpayers are borrowing money from China (and other countries) to give it to banks. So banks can lend it and make unwise loans that result many foreclosures. They become so big in doing so, that they are too big to fail and then the government bails them out. And then they keep the bailout money (and are given big bonuses and greater positions of power) but keep the money and do not lend it to people - except Rolifer's rate jumps to 29%. Then the unwise investments become toxic debt which the taxpayer has to guarantee and the toxic debt goes into the "bad bank" ..... and on it goes...

Does any of this make sense?

I'm confused also.
    People keep voting for the usual suspects with D and R after their names that continue to screw the Country.

Now you all know why I drink.
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

Idea of the Day:

Let's start our own bank, or better yet credit union.

We'll put Styxx in charge of the funny money.

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan View Post
    Idea of the Day:

Let's start our own bank, or better yet credit union.

We'll put Styxx in charge of the funny money.
    AAAAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!

Yeah.........

Let's name it GARRITAN AUTHORIZED BANK or "GAB."

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum