• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Funny Aquarium GPO and others...

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb Funny Aquarium GPO and others...

Hello my dear friends,

Today a new little funny tune of mine called "Funny Aquarium" written actually for a small aquarium fish scene...hope you like it ..comments always very welcome.
    I use here WW, Perc, little strings..

Listen: http://www.box.net/shared/9sn779o1yi

All my best

JL

Re: Funny Aquarium GPO and others...

What a curious piece! For an aquarium, is it? In the music, I can see the fish moving around. Often picturing them moving along slowly then suddenly shooting off. I can also picture an assortment of exotic fish. You've captured the aquarium scene really very well!

Chris!
    Music is life, and, like life, inextinguishable.

JL:

Really great "fantasy" music as well as a describer or
    aquariums. The "arpeggiated clusters" really make this
    piece come alive. The deeper instruments portray
    the impression of depth and larger things beneath the
    water.

Really well done and very imaginative, JL.

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaques View Post
    Today a new little funny tune of mine called "Funny Aquarium" written actually for a small aquarium fish scene...hope you like it ..comments always very welcome.
    I like it. Very Aquariumish! Thank you for sharing.

Sincerely,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

Lol! Gotta love it!

Great depiction.
    string quartet (ˈstriŋ kwȯr-ˈtet) n. a good violinist, a bad violinist, an ex-violinist, and someone who hates violinists, all getting together to complain about composers

Greetings from a goldfish family. We liked it.

http://www.00ff00.com/wp-content/photos/goldfish.jpg

Raymond

Dear Friends, - Jack, Jun, Daniel, Chris, Raymond..
    Thanks so much for kind replys. I enjoy a lot your comments.

What a mysterie beautiful world is the world of water in special underwater inside of an aquarium...so much things can there happen...there are whole movies going here ...something really comic and funny..

Thanks so much..

God bless

All my best

JL

Ah, some more of your very enjoyable water music.

It's nice to take the plunge and escape into a beautiful undersea garden although I know it's for an aquarium. It's nice and cozy and safe in there.

Phil

Jaques - Your Funny Aqaurium is fantastic! Oh my it made me wish I was still a fish keeper. I used to have an Aquarium in every room of the house, and loved the feeling I could get watching my little fish friends swimming--I would have the strong sense of being in the water with them, swimming in the same agile, fleet-finned way they did.

Your music brought that image to vivid life again. The fish you conjured were small and exotic, and there were alternating patches of shimmering light and inky blackness in the tank - the entire scene was crystal clear.

The ending--! - This piece could easily extend to at least twice its current length, and I feel needs a more satisfying conclusion. I know that life in the Aquarium goes on, but perhaps you could use the image of a fish finding a peaceful corner of the tank away from the others and slipping into that mysteriously wide-eyed fish sleep--drifting off to dream the unknown delights fish dream about.

Thank you much for the swim!

Randy B.

An absolutely gorgeous piece of impressionistic BGM here - bravo! ...though I must agree with Randy that the ending is unsatisfactory. A looping version would have been even better.

Thanks for sharing!
    -Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast