• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Got a new computer - want to use GPO on it

Share/Bookmark

Got a new computer - want to use GPO on it

I just put together a new computer - an i7-920 with 12G of ram and want to put GPO on it . There are so many files, etc. that I'm not sure of the process I should use.

I tried installing the original, updating it, then updating to KP2, but when I ran KP2, the machine blue-screened.

Has anyone done this - successfully? If so, what steps did you take?

I could sure use some help!

Mark McDowell
    i7-920/12G/Vista64 Ultimate

Re: Got a new computer - want to use GPO on it

What soundcard are you using? Also, what sequencer/notation are you using? KP2 should run Vista x64 version.

There will be a new version of GPO coming out in a few weeks that has an x64 version using the ARIA engine. I believe the update will costs about $49 but will include more brass and solo strings with vibrato control.

Jim

I'm using an EMU1212M with SONAR 8 Producer Edition. Will use Sibelius when I get it installed.

I can probably wait for the upgrade to GPO, but I also have JABB and CMB. Has anyone heard how long before THEY come out in ARIA?

Mark

Do NOT install the original. Download the KP2.2.3 upgrade from NI and install that. You will have to manually copy over the sample files from the CDs/DVD(they're called GPO_Library_001.nkx, etc.). I would then download the KP2.2.4 update and install that before trying to run it.

The KP2.2.3 is a full install (except for the sample files). The KP2.2.4 is a player update only.

I installed CMB on Win7 x64 beta and it runs fine.

Oh - thanks, Craig! That may be why I got a BSOD when I tried to access GPO...

I'll uninstall all the Garritan libs (I tried starting from scratch, thus my plea for help) and clean the registry and do what you suggested... It will be sweet to have access to them again!

Mark

If you're going to install multiple libs, you only need to install KP2 once. On subsequent libs, just install the library. Untick the Player and Plugin boxes.

Well - I just installed the way Craig mentioned, and I'm still getting the Blue Screen Of Death(tm) when I try to open the Kontakt Player 2 standalone. It appears to function ion SONAR 8 x32. At some point tonight I'll try it in SONAR 8 x64 to see if it I still get the BSOD...

Mark
    Mark McDowell
    Intel i7-920, 12GB, Dual 640GB SATA
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

I haven't figured out how to use KP2 with SONAR x64 - can't figure out the drivers issue. It doesn't see the ASIO. I tried WASAPI, but haven't been able to figure out how to get sound out of it yet...
    Mark McDowell
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Also, I realized that although I've installed the JABB library, KP2 isn't picking it up. Haven't figured this one out yet, either.
    Mark McDowell
    Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Make sure you install the latest driver for the 1212M for Windows XP x64 from the EMU site. I'm using the same soundcard with Sonar but you must get the correct driver. The ASIO driver is what I'm using. Beware that you may need to uncheck multi-processor support in Sonar as Kontakt has a tendency to pop with this turned on.

Jim

Go Back to forum