• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A long time.....Trance

Share/Bookmark

A long time.....Trance

God it's been forever. Or it seems so at least. I am glad to be back out of the dust, and have created this for you.

Trance
    These are some of the sounds that go through my mind when I am "inspired"....if you catch my drift.

Trance 2 with key change

<<<<<<ADDED FEB 12TH>>>>>>>
    A-Game beat

I appreciate all listeners and their comments, and will do what I can to return the favor if time permits today! Lol
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Re: A long time.....Trance

Hi and welcome back, I enjoyed sharing your trance for a brief moment.
    I would be interested in hearing how you did this, what your method of work is, notation/sequencer, etc. The bit at the end was nice, the movement downward and then down again. Thanks, John

I used Sibelius 4 for the rundown sounds, obviously GPO, and M-AUDIO Session for the final mix with the beat.

The specific instruments
    Glockenspiel
    Handbells
    Harp 1
    Piano
    Celesta
    Crotales
    Xylophone
    MAUDIO Drum loop for the beat

To achieve the bouncing sound effect, I created a second track of each instrument in Sibelius, and panned one left, one right, and offset them by an eighth note.

Next I imported the .wav of the GPO sounds into MAUDIO Session, and then added the drum pattern, and also added an effect called "Chorus Space", which gives it a mysteriously tinkerbelly sound.

Finally, I did a .wav recording, then converted to .mp3 after I was satisfied with everything.

Thanks for listening!
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Tuba

This is very mantra like.

I like it

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

Tuba,

It sounds like spaced out New Age- World music.

It's nice to listen to and does have a pop sensibility to it.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Tuba

This is very mantra like.

I like it

Ron

Thank you Ron. I do appreciate you listening. If you have anything you'd like to share that you've done in the last few months, Iam interested, as I have been absent. Same to you too Fastlane. Thanks for listening and share your recent stuff. You can PM them to me.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

I really enjoyed this Benjamin. Nice to see you around.

Some really interesting and imaginative ways of using GPO here.

It's a nice, fresh sound but why do you find it necessary to repeat the same measure again and again and again and...oh, wait a minute...that's the music of the "younger generation", which is not my cup of tea.

This doesn't require much creativity when you "compose" in this manner, does it? All you have right now is a background rhythm track, don't you?

Do you have a melody in mind to add to this later?

I offer these words in a constructive manner only.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Well, my brother likes to rhyme, so he asked me to make him beats. Right now the beat is very circulating, but when he rhymes over it, the creativity will come out in the final cut, as I will be writing different stuff to fit around his voice, such as sound effects, rhythms, cuts, and maybe a few time changes. But at the moment, its pretty static.

I didn't, and nor do I ever take offense to any comments. No need to cover yourself. Haha. I always take comments constructively.

Here is another one I did last night. It's completely customized. Its in 5/4+3/4, and it has a GPO Celesta, and GPO Spiccato, solo cello, and spiccato viola. When the stringscome in they are offest a measure from the 5/4+3/4. So instead they are like 3/4+5/4 starting on the 3.
    http://www.box.net/shared/vg2tjpzay7

It does require less creativity than say composing a symphony. Yes, but it does require you to understand a completely different genre. It's not really my favorite genre, honestly, and I probably could write stuff like this with my ears plugged. There is a lot of creativity that goes into a final mix though. The first beat is called the lay down, and then the rhyme comes in, then the final cut. The trick is not to make anything that is so complex that it overrides what the vocalist is doing. To me it's like writing a series of bass lines in a static minor key setup. Effects keep the beat going, and different changes keep the listener intrigued.

I'm not in the commercialized style that is just the same thing over and over for 5 minutes with a guy that doesnt even rhyme, but instead just talks about money and cars. My brother and I are doing something real, and different. He wants it to be from his heart, not his wallet.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster

My demos:

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr View Post
    Wonderful, surprising and nice effects. Good for ending the day. Thank you for posting.

Raymond

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast