• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Music magazines worth to read?

Share/Bookmark

Post Music magazines worth to read?

Hello,

I wonder what magazines (or, webzines) in the USA and abroad are the best resource for professional music creation (considering film, game and media music production)?

In my country, the Czech republic, there is only one publisher worth to consider in the industry - Muzikus.

So, what are your tips for leaders worldwide? What magazines do you regularly read?
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.
    Conductor, Orchestrator, Music Producer
    Capellen Music Production

Re: Music magazines worth to read?

Sound On Sound
    General music industry and tech. They have an international edition w/o all the UK ads or just get an eSub. Articles older than 6 month are free to read online. Great articles and reviews.
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

The trilogy of Electronic Musician, Remix and Mix (all from the same company) are good reads, though if you are not interested in electronic genres or hip-hop, then you can probably skip Remix. I read all three and all have great articles, reviews, and interviews.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

Pro Audio Review is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    Pro Audio Review is nice.
    Is it for film, game and media music creation, or rather for sound experts?
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.

+1 for Sound on Sound.

I read Computer Music, Music Tech, Future Music and Sound on Sound every month. The others are OK, very glossy, and look dynamic, but their articles on technique are usually quite shallow. Sound on Sound tends to go into much greater depth.
    David

For Hollywood music industry issues and news there's a magazine published by one of the guilds/societies. Don't remember the name, maybe a LA forum member knows.
    Anders Dahnielson

Ardour2, Qtractor, LinuxSampler, M-AUDIO Delta 1010, AKAI S2000, E-MU Proteus 2k, Roland JX-10, 4GB RAM Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 1.80GHz Gentoo Linux 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by dahnielson View Post
    For Hollywood music industry issues and news there's a magazine published by one of the guilds/societies. Don't remember the name, maybe a LA forum member knows.
    Good tip - thanks, Anders! I know, there is Film Music Magazine to map activity in Hollywood. Is that what you mean?
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.

Film Music Magazine
    Sound on Sound

Sound & Recording (Japan)
    Kentaro Sato (Ken-P)
    Composer/Conductor/Orchestrator
    www.wisemanproject.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ken-P View Post
    Film Music Magazine
    Sound on Sound

Sound & Recording (Japan)
    Hi Ken-P! Thanks for the tips. Namely the Japanese magazine is very welcome to know! Best,
    Petr Pololanik, M.A.

Go Back to forum