• Register
  • Help

Topic: Up she goes!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Up she goes!

Styxx

Re: Up she goes!

Hearing terrible reports this morning of the plane crash in Buffalo - hoping against hope that you're OK....

Barrie

Yes, thank you for your concern. I live about 20 miles or more South of Clarence.
    Don't ever remember anything like this ever happen before in Buffalo. I was just saying to my wife a couple of weeks ago that there has never been a major air tragedy here at Buffalo airport.

My wife woke me from a sound sleep around 10:25 to tell me. I've been fighting a cold and high fever so it seemed so surrealistic I just went back to sleep.

48 people lost their lives and from what the local news reports the majority were Buffalonians. This morning all of the town of Clarence has shut down.

I believe the cause was the high winds, sleet, snow and rain we were experiencing yesterday. I've never experienced a stead wind that pushed me around as much as yesterday's. I'll bet they were coming in for landing and wind shear pushed the plane violently downward. Then again, we shall see.
    Styxx

News reports now have the total dead at 50, one on the ground and an off duty airport personnel on board. Looks like there was an awful fireball on the scene for local firefighters to contend with. Good to hear Styx report in, what a tragedy.

Seems ironic for the heading of this post to be "up she goes". Not joking ... got to change it.
    Styxx

Sorry to hear you are sick.

Terrible news about the plane crash!

Go Back to forum