• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gpo & ptle8

Share/Bookmark

Gpo & ptle8

Is there a chance that there's going to be some kind of player that will make GPO compatable with PT8? I really miss not having it available.

Best Regards,
    Mike McCoy

Re: Gpo & ptle8

Kontakt Player 2 comes with the option to install as an RTAS plugin, which loads in Pro Tools. Are you having difficulty getting it to work?

According to Digidesign, Kontakt Player 2 is not compatible with Pro Tools as of version 8. Believe me any library, be it GPO, older versions of EastWest, etc., will not work although they did in earlier versions (pre v8) of Pro Tools.

Regards,

Oh, I wasn't aware that it was a Version 8-specific issue. I can't speak for Garritan Corp or Digi, but given the amount of development time and manpower that has been put into the new ARIA sampler, it is likely that the upcoming release of GPO-ARIA will be thoroughly tested to run properly as an RTAS-PT8 plug-in.

I would assume that Digidesign and Native Instruments are also collaborating to identify and resolve the issue, though the in-the-pipeline Kontakt 3.5 and KP3 may be the only applications to benefit.

In the meanwhile, do you have a copy of 7.4 kicking around?

Reegs

Thanks for the reply.I do have 7.4 handy, but alas, a user can only run one version of Pro Tools at a time on the same workstation. It would be way too much grief to downgrade at this point anyway. It figures, Digi has finally got the MIDI thing worked out beautifully, but now certain libraries do not work.
    I went ahead and bought their flagship sampler, Structure, but it only comes with a maddening small number of orchestral patches (but it sure sounds good).

What is this new player you mentioned? Where is it as far as the testing chain goes. Gary and his gang do stuff right, and I'm going to go with the hope there's something in the offing,

Best Regards
    Mike McCoy

Quote Originally Posted by wmmccoy0910 View Post
    What is this new player you mentioned? Where is it as far as the testing chain goes. Gary and his gang do stuff right, and I'm going to go with the hope there's something in the offing,

Best Regards
    Mike McCoy
    For the past year or so Garritan has been developing a new sample player named ARIA to replace dependence on Native Instruments' Kontakt. The Garritan Authorized Steinway was the first software instrument to ship using the engine, and several OEM versions of Garritan products have followed since using ARIA. In January it was announced that the 4th edition of GPO would ship with ARIA and also include improved control and new samples. A release date has not been set, though it is widely anticipated within the first half of the year.

Go Back to forum