• Register
  • Help

Topic: sonar 7 & Logic 8

Share/Bookmark

sonar 7 & Logic 8

I don't know if this is the right forum for my question but it is my favorite so I thought I would ask it here.

I own both Sonar 7 & Logic 8 but I defenitly prefer/use Sonar more. The question I have is would it be possible to import some of the logic sounds/patches into my Kontakt 2 which I use in Sonar and if it is how do I do that?
    Thanks for any help.
    GsPop

Re: sonar 7 & Logic 8

Quote Originally Posted by GsPop View Post
    I don't know if this is the right forum for my question but it is my favorite so I thought I would ask it here.

I own both Sonar 7 & Logic 8 but I defenitly prefer/use Sonar more. The question I have is would it be possible to import some of the logic sounds/patches into my Kontakt 2 which I use in Sonar and if it is how do I do that?
    Thanks for any help.
    GsPop
    The patches used within Logic 8 (with its built-in EXS sampler.) are programmed to work with that sampler only. (I am sure you could probably find the individual samples for those EXS patches and create Kontakt versions of those if you really wanted to spend the endless hours doing so - given you need the full Kontakt sampler to do that).

If you are using a Kontakt plugin within Logic, you can use the same Kontakt patches in Sonar, given you have the same files installed on both your mac and your pc. But if you want the built-in ones in the EXS sampler, you might just have to stick with Logic for those sounds.

Another possibility is to control the mac with the PC using MIDIoverLan or something and route the audio from the mac back to the PC. (I am doing the reverse) Then you can use both at the same time.

Jerry
    MacBook Pro Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz 4GB Ram OSX 10.5.8
    Korg TritonLe & MAudio Oxygen 8
    T3, Logic 9, DP7, K2, GPO4, Strad, Gofriller, C&MB, Finale 2010

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!
    http://www.mylegacyfilm.com

Thanks Jerrry I figured it might be possible (and Quick) if I was to use a sample converter like Extreme Sample Converter 3 but I need to look in it. Thanks again
    GsPop

I know K3 imports EXS24. I thought K2 did as well? Does it have trouble with the new logic patches?

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs View Post
    I know K3 imports EXS24. I thought K2 did as well? Does it have trouble with the new logic patches?
    Let me try this and get back to you.

My Website!
    New Film Scores!
    Also, Ever think about having your very own personal documentary? See my new Website!

Yep

I don't know why I did not think of that before.

Probably because I don't use Kontakt to its fullest potential.

You can import an exs24 instrument by converting it first in the kontakt browser window, and then opening it up in Kontakt.

Works like a charm.

Thanks for that suggestion!!!

Jerry

My Website!
    New Film Scores!

Hey all,
    I was able to convert all Logic sounds I Think? My question is how do I bring into sonar 7 for example ---Basementbass.cst? Or Big Trance Now.pst?Is it possible? and if so how? Or if it is not possible how can I find out the samples(wave name etc...) used in a particular .cst/.pst?
    Thanks
    GsPop

Go Back to forum