• Register
  • Help

Topic: EWI USB and ARIA SAMPLES

Share/Bookmark

EWI USB and ARIA SAMPLES

Hi Folks

I am new to this forum so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong place. I am a professional wind player and two days ago purchased an EWI USB for test. I have a couple more days before I decided to keep it. I have been using the ARIA software which came with it. My question is (having searched the web and not found an answer), is it possible to add more instruments to the ARIA program for the EWI to use. If so where do you get these? Which are the most realistic? I have a MacBook and have Garageband and Logic Express 8 on it. The EWI seem to work easily with Garageband, but needs a little more effort to work with Logic. In Garageband it plays smoothly and in Logic the volume seem to fluctuate.

I am looking for libraries where I can download instruments to use with this EWI. My first impressions is that I am impressed with the EWI itself. Takes a little getting used to.

I appreciate any help you can give or a point in the right direction.
    Thanks
    Raymond
    www.christianflute.com

Re: EWI USB and ARIA SAMPLES

Yes, you can add samples that are formatted as SFZ. They're available in a lot of places, but the best ones are ones you like, and translate yourself.

One note: you may miss out on some of the programming that Garritan/Plogue have put into the ARIA samples, so you may want to wait for the release of the GPO set with the ARIA engine. Those will be good samples, and far more comprehensive than the set that came with the EWI.

Joe

Go Back to forum