• Register
  • Help

Topic: Rainy Moon

Share/Bookmark

Rainy Moon

Here's another part of my cycle based on short stories. This ones, called Rainy Moon. I'm afraid it might be too long, but I'm working on it

http://www.box.net/shared/1t8szv7j7z
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Re: Rainy Moon

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    Here's another part of my cycle based on short stories. This ones, called Rainy Moon. I'm afraid it might be too long, but I'm working on it

http://www.box.net/shared/1t8szv7j7z
    Thanks Derek,

A great way to end a Sunday night. Well mellow and I wouldn't say too long. That jazz guitar is well played - and I like the way the solo instruments improvise as the piece progresses. Restrained, atmospheric and hence, fitting of the title.

Regards, Graham

Hi Derek, Enjoyed "Rainy Moon", especially enjoyed the keyboards and guitars.
    Drums and horns all sound good as well, I just relate more to the keys and the guitar. I like the way you set up the intro in this also. Thanks! John

Great track Derek!
    Producer ~ Sound Engineer ~ Musician

http://www.myspace.com/451525581

It sounds great and it swings.

Cool solos with good instrument sound ideas.

The drums are nice.

Phil

Hi, Derek

"Rainy Moon" just got through raining on me, but I didn't mind getting wet!

Thoroughly enjoyed your concert. Once in awhile there would be a momentary sonic event that threw my ear off, but that's rather to be expected in an extended improvisation like this.

Is that the Bass Clarinet you used?--or just the lower register of the regular instrument? Its attack was always so low that it was swelling up on every note - purposeful choice?

What processing did you use on the Guitar? - The last process had a nice semi-wah wah effect, truncating the start of the notes.

Would you please keep your jazz flowing into The Listening Room? We don't hear enough jazz here.

Randy B.

Thanks for listening chaps

Randy:
    I did this track some time ago and only Garritanised it recently. I can't remember how I did the guitar but I did use a slow attack setting on an envelope shaper to get rid of the sharp attack that was present on the original recording.
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Go Back to forum