• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Topic: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Hey guys. Omnisphere arrived yesterday and it's absolutly amazing, passed my expectations. There is one thing that is nagging away at me though and this is going to be hard to explain. When I am making a song and I want X amount of different sounds from Omnisphere on X amount of different tracks. I have to clone that track so I have X ammount of Omnisphere's running at the same time which you can imagine it's eating away at my CPU and RAM till it gets to the point where Fruity Loops crashes. Is there a way so I don't have to open another instance of Omnisphere and just keep the sounds all in one Omnisphere?

    You can see a picture which sort of explains what I mean:
    http://i43.tinypic.com/11kfipw.jpg

    I hope you can help me with this. Thanks, Joshua.

  2. #2

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Can anyone help?

  3. #3

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    There's a small box on the upper right corner of the Omnisphere plugin window with [---] marked. Change it to number 1.
    That will represent the MIDI input channel of the plugin.

    Now create new MIDI OUT channel and set it's midi channel to 1.
    And set the Patch number to what ever part you want to use.
    You can create 8 MIDI OUT channels for each part of the multi.

    If you also want each part to go through it's own channel in mixer, you need to check the plugin windows' upper left corner icon and choose Enable Multiple outputs.
    Now if you have FX channel 1 choosed for Omnisphere, the parts will go through channels 1-8 in the mixer.

  4. #4

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Now if someone could tell me how to get modwheel and aftertouch to work with Omnisphere in FLStudio.

  5. #5

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulperi View Post
    Now if someone could tell me how to get modwheel and aftertouch to work with Omnisphere in FLStudio.
    So I am guessing you did not receive my email with the modwheel template?

  6. #6

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulperi View Post
    There's a small box on the upper right corner of the Omnisphere plugin window with [---] marked. Change it to number 1.
    That will represent the MIDI input channel of the plugin.

    Now create new MIDI OUT channel and set it's midi channel to 1.
    And set the Patch number to what ever part you want to use.
    You can create 8 MIDI OUT channels for each part of the multi.

    If you also want each part to go through it's own channel in mixer, you need to check the plugin windows' upper left corner icon and choose Enable Multiple outputs.
    Now if you have FX channel 1 choosed for Omnisphere, the parts will go through channels 1-8 in the mixer.
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it's just playing the same sound as the first one. Any ideas?

  7. #7

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Quote Originally Posted by mbud6 View Post
    So I am guessing you did not receive my email with the modwheel template?
    Yep that's right, could you please tell it here, in a nutshell what needs to be done?

  8. #8

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua1905 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I tried that and it's just playing the same sound as the first one. Any ideas?
    Ok I remembered wrong, sorry
    In the
    Channel Settings - MIDI out

    CHANNEL is for the part number (1-8)
    PORT is for the midi port (1)

  9. #9

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Hi Mulperi,

    Just open up ( Omni ) - then open up a (Midi Out )

    Then in your ( Midi Out ) select either a knob or slider and right click it.
    You'll get a drop down menu and selct ( Configure ). Left click that and you'll get yet another widow.
    Select ( controller # ) and left click and slide across the number ( -1) to highlight it. Then hit the number ( 1 ) on your keypad . Then click the ( accept ) button in the lower right corner of the window.

    It will now control your modwheel.

    Hope this all made sense. .

    Larry

  10. #10

    Re: Need help - Fruity Loops and Omnisphere

    Quote Originally Posted by Mulperi View Post
    Ok I remembered wrong, sorry
    In the
    Channel Settings - MIDI out

    CHANNEL is for the part number (1-8)
    PORT is for the midi port (1)
    That did it, thanks a bunch!

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •