• Register
  • Help

Topic: Great opening score, disturbing message

Share/Bookmark

Great opening score, disturbing message

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I love the opening score to this, but its message is really disturbing. I had thought that after Bush people knew better than to pledge blind fealty to a President (or any politician). I guess that lesson went unlearned. The most disturbing parts are at 3:18 and 3:55.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51kAw4OTlA0

Re: Great opening score, disturbing message

I agree 100%.

It's one thing to pledge to the principles and ideals, but one shouldn't confuse that with an individual. Principles, ideals and the need to serve are timeless. Individual people aren't.

It's cool for people to feel inspired by another. Blind loyalty, though, isn't cool at all.

That said, I need to think about my own pledge. The idea of setting goals pledging service to others is excellent.

I agree about pledging to principles and ideals. That's one reason I don't say all of the "Pledge of Allegiance". I don't pledge fealty to any government. An ideal or a principle is an entirely different matter. But I think, the Fox News types notwithstanding, pledges of this sort are decidedly un-American.

One girl says she pledges to find the humour in everything. Not a lot of humour in this pile of crap. Quacking ducks.

Paul, I found humour in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by JonFairhurst View Post
    Paul, I found humour in your post.
    That's good Jon. Find humour in this. I guarantee that after 12 months, most of the civilized world will actually think that Hillary is the President of the USA.

I hate to make any predictions but -watch those markets when they open - the futures ain't looking very healthy.

I found "humour" in this post too, Paul. It's the 5th word...

Go Back to forum