• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: Capriccio Espagnol !COMPLETE!

Share/Bookmark

RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: Capriccio Espagnol !COMPLETE!

This took a year to accomplish (I was doing other things some of the time ) and was so complex that it basically broke my computer. 14 minutes long and 100% GPO.

http://www.suspenlute.com/nepsus/Chr...0Capriccio.mp3

I'll return with more information later. For now I'm just extremely tired.
    Cheers!

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Re: RIMSKY-KORSAKOV: Capriccio Espagnol !COMPLETE!

Bravo! I really enjoyed listening to this rendering. You have done a remarkable job with all the instruments and percussion. I especially liked the way the solo instruments stepped into the spotlight for a bit. There is also quite a bit of percussion work in this that you handled nicely. Thanks for a very enjoyable concert. John

Thanks Fredrik and bigears.

For something else to entertain, here's what the last 52 seconds look like on my end

http://www.suspenlute.com/stuff/lotsofnotes.gif

-Chris
    There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Great piece, great performance, great rendering... are there more words to express my joy hearing this piece made with GPO. By the way, you displayed a picture, which program?

Raymond

Chris

Great rendering on this.

Rimksy-Korsakov was a true genious.

How many tracks are there in that picture?

Well done

Ron
    "Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." Albert Einstein

http://composersforum.ning.com/profile/RonaldFerguson

A veritable tour-de-force! BRAVO!
    Props to you and props to GPO as well!!
    BTW--in the brass band version, the euphonium has the clarinet bits at the beginning.
    Snor.
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Great piece, great performance, great rendering... are there more words to express my joy hearing this piece made with GPO. By the way, you displayed a picture, which program?

Raymond
    Thanks for expressing your joy, words or no words. I'm glad you liked it! The program I've used is FL Studio, version 8.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer View Post
    Chris

Great rendering on this.

Rimksy-Korsakov was a true genious.

How many tracks are there in that picture?

Well done

Ron
    Thanks for your comment. RK was indeed a genius. It's cliché to say so, but I've definitely had a life-changing experience dedicating so much attention and concentration to this score, especially after reading through "principles of orchestration" on this website a few times. It throws the whole thing into a beautiful relief. I think there are 47 tracks in that picture, 44 active. But bear in mind it's only a small part of the song. In some places there are more, some fewer. Opening all the projects to get a completely accurate count of all the instruments would take an hour in loading time alone.

-Chris

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    A veritable tour-de-force! BRAVO!
    Props to you and props to GPO as well!!
    BTW--in the brass band version, the euphonium has the clarinet bits at the beginning.
    Snor.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it! And perhaps I should look up the band version, as that would be quite entertaining to hear (and to play, I imagine). Actually wasn't there a link of it posted a while back? Hrm....

-Chris

Chris:

A magnificent job on a rather large project. It was a real joy
    to listen to your rendering. This is the kind of sound I want
    to hear on this site...........fully GPO. You have completed
    an awesome task with this offering, Chris and I commend you
    for your fantastic ability in using the Garritan libraries to their
    fullest capabilities.

BRAVO
    , Chris

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast